1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

MMM and RO can be bought on sale for $1k-$2k and I see it reasonable. SLP permanent collection leather has never been discounted iirc. People who own slp permanent leather must be minority.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

SLP permanent collection has been available for around $2k. Maybe not anymore now that the brand is really taking off. I would say Balmain or some of the more CM-y brands like Brioni come in way higher.

3. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

SLP is nowhere near the price range of TOJ. Stop.

4. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

i thought TOJ was not allowing the sale of spots anymore.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Nobody is saying it is? :puzzled:

6. masshi

masshi Senior member

they're not selling spots through themselves

people can still buy/sell spots independently of toj

7. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Yeah, let's all buy SLP and pay 6x the price for something that a) is neither 6x the quality nor b) looks 6x better nor c) it's MTM.

Not to say that certain models are not offered by SLP.

Sometimes it's just not a matter of being able to afford something. I'm sure in this forum (not speaking about this particular thread) there are plenty of people that can afford 5k jackets without breaking the bank, but that doesn't mean everyone is willing to throw away their hard earned (or not) money.

8. klonowj

klonowj Senior member

Anybody know of some good comparison pictures between black lamb and goat? Thinking about switching to goat for an order.

9. czjl

czjl Senior member

Yeah I've always been curious where Goat kinda lies in the spectrum of leathers.

10. sussi

sussi Senior member

I've just realized I am over 15 months and 1 week mark...

11. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

It's posts like that that worry me. 15+ months is ridiculous and I still feel like TOJ isn't really making a dent in the order queue. On top of that, refunds are still taking 2+ months and TOJ isn't letting people move up on the queue if others sell their spots. I have the feeling any order past November 2013 won't be finished until mid to late 2015. That is a ridiculous wait time when we were estimated 6 months at order.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  12. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Damn, looks like my offhand comment raised some hackles. Basically just suggested that it's hardly worth purchasing a 2014 TOJ slot at this point, given how sluggishly things are moving. You'll probably actually be able to save up for, if not SLP, then at least Rick Owens and the like, in the time it'll take for your TOJ to arrive.* Or, if you're in a different socioeconomic bracket, you won't need to save and can just skip waiting altogether. No classism or other -ism implied!

(*Acknowledging, thereby, what a couple of comments several pages back helpfully clarified regarding TOJ's typical demographic.)

13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Looking to sell one of my spots. It's a full leather jacket position. $830 in credit, which you can apply to any kind of order you want.

If you're interested in it, PM me.

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Order a good quality knock-off (or inspired, or tweak your own design, whatever) from somewhere like Cloth Surgeon, an MTM outlet that has so far been able to deliver what you pay for.

.​

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

16. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I mean, they are actual designers, they are trained, they have pedigree, use quality materials and construction, and they work with the customer to create what they desire. They aren't a huckster dilettante.They provide what you pay for. I guess they didn't buy an affiliate thread though, so that's my bad.

1 person likes this.
  17. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

TOJ doesn't have an affiliate status either. AFAIK they never have.

18. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Cloth Surgeon's a cunt.

4 people like this.
  19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Spinoff from House of Billiam, which openly copied Drew. They are also overpriced and let people saladbar some abominations. Probably faster though.

20. nichet

nichet Active Member

Anyone still waiting on there refund?