TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

looks like i'm the first to post from the batch of bombers that went out Friday of last week

excuse the crappy iphone pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i feel like ppl on here are gonna tell me the fit looks great but i feel it's a tad small...to the point that it's uncomfortable and difficult to put on

i feel like the body is smaller than what i ordered

i ordered a 48 w/ the shoulders bumped up to a 49 and the sleeve circumference sized down to a 48

i measured the pit to pit at 20.75" when the chart says 21.5" [​IMG]

the pit to pit is small enough that i have to stick both of my arms almost straight up in the air to put them in the sleeves

the waist seems real slim as well...i am a 32-33 waist and i have to stretch the banded waist to be able to zip it at the bottom

also, you can see how it's so slim at the waist it kind of follows the contour of my lower back about half way up my back

any thoughts/opinions, SF?

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I've done the same and am already building PP bankroll. [​IMG] Now, to keep it intact until the jawnz drop..
    Btw love the cardi. +J is my favorite thing to happen ever. Wear it under my moto sometimes if it's cold in the morning. A little bit of a tight fit but no terrible.

3. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Crump Bro, I think it looks great. The waist is always tight at first on the bombers, but it stretches, so don't worry about that. the chest should have some stretch as well.

Are you measuring across the widest part of the body, where the body meets the arm hole?

4. Glamdringer

Glamdringer Active Member

Im pretty sure the Navy, Tan and red would be the same as what was sampled with the baseball jackets. I emailed then and they siad there was also a dark brown and light grey for the calf suede.

Was about to drop money on the light grey but then realized that it would probably get dirty real easy so I am rechoosing which colour. Leaning back towards the blue one even though I already have too much blue in my wardrobe lol.

Light grey sounds great.
    I was looking for a dark green but chances are slim to find it in calf.
    I would like to see how the light grey looks though.

5. slipgun

slipgun Well-Known Member

Someone order a light grey calf suede quilted bcdr.

6. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

Crump Bro, I think it looks great. The waist is always tight at first on the bombers, but it stretches, so don't worry about that. the chest should have some stretch as well.

Are you measuring across the widest part of the body, where the body meets the arm hole?

agreed, i think it looks good. will look even better with the eventual stretch. at least your fit is 10x better than mine. [​IMG]

7. SPK

SPK Senior member

Someone get tan suede quilted bcdr with leopard lining if available [​IMG]

8. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Apparently they just tried to deliver my jacket, had no idea the jacket was delivered to your door. Hopefully they just drop it off at my local post office so I can pick it up later today.

Also, would like to see a double breasted wool coat with peak lapels for next fall/winter.

9. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

i knew ppl would say the fit looks good and in the pics it does look good...for someone

but that's not quite the fit i was shooting for...i wanted it to be slightly more relaxed, easier to wear and layer underneath to wear through winters

it's just too slim and it's small enough to the point that it's restrictive and uncomfortable which makes me not want to wear it

the jeans i'm wearing are slimmer than my other jeans and pants i wear...if i wear it w/ my other stuff the fit will look unbalanced which is a pet peeve of mine[​IMG]

have you ever tried on a jacket that's too small for you? and you have to stick your arms straight up in the air at the same time to put them in the sleeves? like if you tried on your little brothers jacket or a girls jacket (assuming it's a girl smaller than you)...that's how i have to put this jacket on

10. Louis Toadvine

Louis Toadvine Well-Known Member

It's a pretty good fit, fits like a toj bomber should. Sounds like you should have ordered a more traditional "dad" fit in another brand instead of going toj.

11. Wang03

Wang03 Well-Known Member

I dunno what y'all are seeing but I don't think it's that good of a fit. You can tell from the side picture that the jacket on his lower back curves in, meaning it definitely is too tight and it makes the whole fit look like shit. I wouldn't want a jacket that requires me to put my arms straight up in the air to put on (my wv doesn't and I hope my new bomber won't be like that either)

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

maybe it's combination of higher arm holes and the overall diameter of the arm opening. it's hard to tell from your pics, but the sleeves look like they have some slack all the way down, even at your bicep.

13. drum

drum Senior member

Crump, if you want something that fits more relaxed ToJ may not be for you. Personally I think it looks fine considering it'll stretch a bit at the waist, which should get rid of some of the bunching around the middle/lower back. I'm not a fan of relaxed bombers, gives off that middle aged dad vibe.

14. wootx

wootx Senior member

lol at people trying to convince him everything fits alright

edit: whatever, i didn't mean to write this -- i think the jacket may fit a little tight in the waist area, but will stretch with time. it's definitely fine in the chest and shoulders