1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

You're a f*cktard.

2. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

This thread has really been bringing the lols lately.

Feel bad for the guys getting chargebacks thrown at them, that really sucks. I think not a few queue spot sellers needed the funds to cover other expenses and probably had to scramble and cough up the money to avoid the chargebacks.

3. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

Well onto more positive news:

[​IMG]

18 people like this.
  4. dsmoove

dsmoove Senior member

Just a question of curiosity though, how would you go through with this transaction with a gift payment? Doing a gift payment is just as risky.

5. phyills

phyills Well-Known Member

This thread just keeps getting better. I don't know how you guys keep doing it, but you do.

6. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

You send a message to Charly, he confirms that X has a spot worth xx $, you tell him you’re passing it to Y, Y sends a gift payment to X and that’s it. If Y never receives his jacket, it’s on him, he knew the risk existed. I sold 2 spots and the payments were made under gift. I didn’t want to be accountable if the jacket was never delivered, because I am not delivering a product.

7. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Selling by gift prevents what happened to clark kent

Selling as gift enables spot sellers and buyers to simply swap positions in the transaction. Its still upto TOJ to deliver the product. Any concerns the spot buyer has should be raised with TOJ. Its not with the person who sold the spot as they don't physically hold the product or have control over TOJ operations.

8. BaronVonBishop

BaronVonBishop Well-Known Member

I'm an idiot, so not sure if I understand - but wasn't he offering to pay what you were asking, plus cover the PayPal fees? Was the point to avoid saying you were selling a product/service to avoid the whole chargeback thing? On topic, thank the gods of valhalla for the communication between TOJ and customers who paid for a product in advance FINALLY getting better. It's really all we've been asking for. Time is time, but throwing a money into a black hole and then never hearing another word for a year is not fun.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  9. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

What if jackets are not delivered? He can open a case and will get a refund

10. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Yup, buyers can offer to pay all the fees in the world, it still leaves spot sellers open to risk of chargeback.

We all know TOJ would deliver, its just their pace that's been the issue.

1 person likes this.
  11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Someone sell me an MA1 spot already. :eek:

12. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior member

i don't get why some of you guys are getting mad with him when this is tojs fault to begin with. Yes, what he did wasnt the best course of option but If toj just took payment directly from the new buyer and refunded the original buyer, this wouldn't be an issue.

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

is that your sock

3 people like this.
  14. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

You don't need an ma1 spot, just a full leather spot. Just FYI.

15. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

looking for a spot as well. thanks.

16. coldknife

coldknife Senior member

thinking of selling my toj0, in between a size 44/46 for shorter (5'8 and below) skinny dudes

shoulders (seam to seam) - 17.4"
    chest (pit to pit) - 18.5"
    body length front (not including collar) - 21"
    body length back (not including collar) - 23"
    sleeve (from shoulder seam to end of ribbed cuff) - 25.5"

17. wangjt

wangjt Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Just FYI... this isn't true. There are ways to reverse a gift payment. Most common/easiest method is to fund the gift payment using a credit card. Then after a few days, you call your CC to dispute the payment. CC will contact Paypal and Paypal will remove the funds from your account.

Either way, he was fully aware and ready to screw over someone innocent. No excuses can be made for that part. If you buy a spot, you can't expect someone else to shoulder the risk.

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Buyer could also gift you payment with their credit card and file chargeback just the same

I wouldn't ever buy anything with gift payment regardless of situation not sure how not wanting to would make him a douche

19. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

That was a joke, you fucking idiot.

6 people like this.
  20. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Last few posts = great example of why people who can't reasonably spare ~$1000 for clothing (i.e. are at risk of ending up in situations where they might regret that expenditure) shouldn't do it in the first place, IMHO.

14 people like this.