• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Kwaker

Reaction score

the sarcasm was lost completely... anyways got my new TOJ OXBLOOD (not burgundy, because its really oxblood in real life). I sized up a bit compared to my navy DR. I like the new details although the cuffs are wierd and they are not the convertible cuff with the snaps. also there are alot more unfinished edges with this jacket, say for example the belt, epaulets, pocket flat etc. That is, I can see the edge of the leather where in my navy DR, everything had been folded and stitched, with no exposed cutting edges. Can't type in this jacket because it bunches up at the wrist when zipped. a more relaxed fit here, but these pics are bad so will get better ones tmr in day light.

In terms of the texture of the oxblood calf, still soft, not too thick (its not thin either), a bit drier than the navy calf, and a bit tougher, and not as waxy. Some leather conditioner will definitely help this thing break in. bigger lapels, bigger collar, when folded up it will engulf your face.

overall its a great jacket but there was more attention to detail on the old MDR IMO. Thanks again for everything TOJ crew, Drew Charly Dan Sally.

Great fit and thanks for the review and comparison of the finer construction details ... BTW, when was your old MDR made?

Last edited:

chubacca

Reaction score
To me, it seems the new supply of calf seems drier and looks rougher compared to older pictures.

Lifetime

Reaction score
Decided on my final piece to purchase before the cutoff. Deciding between the Collared Moto and the A-2. Either way I will most likely go with lamb, brown for the A2 or Toffee Tan for the CM. Could anyone share their opinions?

Joona

Reaction score
^ Do you have any other TOJ pieces? I'd personally go with the brown lamb A2 if not.
Looks like my final setup will be dark brown goat MDR, brown lamb A2 and a black lamb MA-1.
Just sold my loved 2010 bomber, so good.. I wish it was still available.

Last edited:

Lifetime

Reaction score
I own a Peacoat and Winter Varsity, and I have a black lamb DR (newest model) in the queue.

Last edited:

ytip

Reaction score
Received my black/black toj0 today.

Supple lamb sleeves and a ridiculously smooth body along with the occasional sun-soaked glint off the button makes this one of the sickest jackets that I've ever owned.

Thanks TOJ crew and trust in charly.

Fit pics coming up soon

Last edited:

swooc

Reaction score
^both of my riders have exposed edges. it's either a design limitation or just cutting corners.

Reaction score
Depends on what colors are in your wardrobe.

If you do Sand Tan Lamb, I'd suggest gunmetal zips because I feel silver lacks contrast.

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with quality. It's just how you make things like belts, epaulets, and other small tubular details that the other jackets (like MDRs) do not have. Clothing is sewn inside out and then turned back out again to finish. How do you think a tube of calf is sewn on both sides and then turned back out? It's two inches wide and over 35" long at that point. That's not physically possible. An epaulet wouldn't do it either, at like 3 or 4 inches. You can check this with any leather jacket out there.

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
sand lamb!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford