1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

The guesstimation provided seems to vary, even with similar models, iirc.

Snarky comments/opinions made in anger/frustration, albeit not undeserving, aren't helping. You make yourself feel worse, you make the rest of us reading feel worse, and it doesn't change a damn thing. I understand the frustration. I have a wallet, backpack and leather on order. But some of you guys really need a time out from this thread.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    6 people like this.
  2. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

If I was Drew I'd stay away from this thread as well, too many openly hostile people.

Not that those people are wrong, but being hostile isn't the right approach.

5 people like this.
  3. coldknife

coldknife Senior member

hey that's my dr

explains why so many random people started following me lol

4. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

Extremely off topic in respects to delays and being mad at Drew:

I love how huge the inside pockets are in the mdr

3 people like this.
  5. emilo

emilo Senior member

Can you give a couple of examples of this open hostility? Other than the odd troll stirring the pot for the sake of it, I don't see any.

I cannot, however, comprehend, why you and a couple of other guys so actively try to normalise the fact that Drew has taken hundreds of thousands of customers' dollars and then completely abandoned any and all channels of communication. True, you can email toj, but Charly seems to know as little about what is actually going on behind the scene as the rest of us.

I gave Drew money under the promise that I get a wallet by April. It is November tomorrow. I have no wallet and I don't have my money either. This is not very different from having someone outright steal your money. And he completely refuses to even acknowledge this issue, despite the fact that there are dozens of people in a similar situation. I don't know what the right approach is either, but if I don't get a refund very soon, I will join the paypal complaint, that is for sure.

2 people like this.
  6. mothball

mothball Senior member

Hope you feel better soon.

7. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

I honestly feel bad for the people waiting for jackets and $$ but unfortunately, this is what's possible on the internet these days. There's even giant corporate websites that help people create lofty expectations with little recourse for non-delivery of goods. They're called Kickstarter, Indigogo, GoFundMe, etc...

You guys helped this guy get his dream realized by funding his restaurant. Perhaps if he ever gets featured on one of Anthony Bourdain's shows you can take pride in that fact.

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

9. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

That's hostility? Lol. It's a perfectly reasonable complaint that accurately describes the problem, and outlines a perfectly reasonable choice of course of action on part of a wronged customer.

What I don't get is why we are expected to handle a demonstrably inept business with kid gloves...

9 people like this.
  10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:bounce2:

11. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

But, but...his GF's cat was sick....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

while being understandable sentiments, things like threatening a paypal complaint and equating drew's actions to stealing are hostile.

1 person likes this.
  13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

+1

1 person likes this.
  14. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

He's welcome to defend his actions.

1 person likes this.
  15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

The be fair he never said wallets were to be delivered in April, thats when people ordered. Not that June is any better but jus sayin

16. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

DR 2013 vs MDR

Had my mind set on a 4ZIP MDR but now I don't know...

17. ghdvfddzgzdzg

18. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

Still waiting for a refund on the daypack. I asked for it about a week and a half ago or so now, but lets not get upset at Drew or anything because it wouldn't be cool to bum people out with all this "hostility". He's just a man trying to run a restaurant first and foremost. The jackets and all that business is secondary, tertiary or maybe not even on his priority list. we should be cool with that.

1 person likes this.
  19. phototropically

phototropically Active Member

perhaps if there had been a discourse between drew and this thread over the past few months, that acted to temper people's expectations on delivery, there wouldn't be such an escalation to threats of paypal complaints and accusations of theft.

the reason the level of complaint is where it is is entirely due to a lack of communication and missed deadlines, to a large group of people with a lot of money tied up in orders.

20. 10hannes

10hannes Well-Known Member

yeah you should kiss his ass on a forum he doesn't even read because that has worked so great in the past.

if someone says something negative about lying to people about lead times you should personally attack them.