1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

He can only issue a refund if there is $ in the account no?

2. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

Yeah, that's technically valid, but it is so ridiculous that this is just a speculation as to why refunds are taking so long, and it would make Drew's life a lot easier to just explain why things are in the current state they are in rather than say nothing and freak everyone out resulting in tons of refunds. This whole scenario makes zero sense

3. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

Actually, you don't need money in a Paypal account to offer refunds. It's linked to a bank account. Now whether or not the guy has money in the bank...

Either way, this whole scenario makes complete sense when you look at it this way: Drew's a coward.

No doubt he's aware of this thread, the Reddit thread, the emails, the complaints, the waiting refunds. But he CHOOSES not to post here. It's cowardly. The assumption is obviously "well, if they see Instagram pictures of shipping boxes and several of them get shipping notices, that should calm things down" without having to actually explain himself here or through email or anywhere. It's a very stupid thing to do.

I used to own a popular online retail store. Sole owner, sole customer service guy, sole everything. There's been instances where I've had to undergo 10+ hour surgeries, painful lengthy recoveries, been seen in public bandaged up when I hit the post office, etc. and not once did I ignore a customer's email or pending order. I even ruined a laptop spilling soup on a keyboard a few hours post-op. You do what you have to do when you're in that position. You guys paid your money in exchange for my service, so I responded, delivered and was generally on top of the ball. Even if it meant getting four hours of sleep a few nights here and there. That's how to run a business. Sure, you can be tired, juggle multiple things and generally suffer through it all but the fact is that if you WANT to reach out and reassure, confirm or have any dialogue with customers you will make the time to do so. Who doesn't have 5-10 minutes to write a simple post or email? To not do so is intentional.

The guy's a coward who's hoping this will all blow over as people receive jackets here and there because he believes he holds all the cards here (a popular, quality product and he has your money already). What a chump.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    9 people like this.
  4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Lol if i was drew i wouldnt keep much more than a dime in any linked paypal acct, likely why it takes so long, got to transfer funds in first and wait for it to clear

5. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

So now that we got some shipment confirmations, we have to wait another month to hear anything?

6. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

Honestly I'm just exhausted with this whole situation. I just want clarity and insight regarding when my jacket will be here.

7. jim_n

jim_n Senior member

anyone have any contact with Charly in the last few days?

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ yea he replied to my questions pretty quickly

9. thinksyncopated

thinksyncopated Well-Known Member

this

10. fallenwest

fallenwest Senior member

11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

going through a crippling depression atm and suddenly just feel bad for drew more than anything else. i'm an asshole

9 people like this.
  12. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I don't agree with personal attacks (not that I think that you've made any of those), but as far as anything else goes, including the criticism directed at ToJ and Drew, I think that it's entirely justified and that Drew brought it entirely upon himself.

As has been said many times, by you, by me and by others, all Drew had to do right from the time that he shut down orders, was to keep communicating with people. If he'd done that, just about everyone would be fine and prepared to wait.

So, I wouldn't feel bad for him, as it's his fault. What's more, he has the ability to make it right if he chooses to do so.

To take the recent shipments and photo on Instagram as an example - rather than just posting a somewhat cryptic photo on Instagram, he could have popped into this thread and said, "Hey, I'm really, really, really sorry for the big delay and I know that you're all frustrated. I'm very sorry and I should have kept in touch. We've got a big shipment going out over the next couple of days and this is what is in it: Models X, Y and Z. We expect to ship out more models in X number of weeks. Thanks and sorry again for the delays and lack of communication."

That's it. That's all he needed to do. He chose not to and instead he simply posted a somewhat passive-aggressive remark under the photo about people who hadn't confirmed their addresses.

2 people like this.
  13. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

The problem is that he doesnt have a big shipment out, and he has no ability to tell you when more jackets will be made because he has no money

2 people like this.
  14. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

I asked for an estimated wait time for my Nov order, no reply. To be fair, Charly's prolly swamped with refund requests and whatnots, and I was/am lazy to bump my email up.

15. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

The only thing he'd tell you is "a few months" anyway.

1 person likes this.
  16. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Eh -- feel better Brad.

1 person likes this.
  17. fallenwest

fallenwest Senior member

Come on, be serious now. If he came in here and kissed ass people would just find something else to whine about. Maybe it's better that he's stayed removed as this thread went to shit.

Also, what is he going to say that he hasn't said already? "jackets are still being made *by hand*, I would think that I know how long it'll take, but obviously it's been proved very hard to make estimates"?

Every time he's given estimates it's just made people more pissed off when they turned out to be wrong. It's not like drew is trying to wind people up, it's probably just legitimately hard to tell when the jackets will be made. As far as I can tell the 4-6 months was accurate for everybody who ordered before the big rush in june, after that any chance at an accurate prediction was shot to hell.

1 person likes this.
  18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

*deep breaths*

19. klonowj

klonowj Senior member

I thought somone said they were told August orders are going to be a few more months at least? Can anyone confirm?

20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Who fcking knows