1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

[​IMG]

does anyone find it incredibly amusing that after nearly 1000 posts in this thread, distorbiant isnt getting his tojs?

cause i do

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    16 people like this.
  2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

@magicalporks how do you see that list

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Click on the number of replies to a thread from forum view

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

it seemed pretty inevitable considering fok both suggested someone should go to korea to fix this mess and then detailed everything he could hypothetically do to help

what made his post so funny was the inevitability of those requests

4 people like this.
  6. I can alway rely on this thread to be the one constant in my life.

4 people like this.
  7. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Plot of Taken 4 right here

3 people like this.
  8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that your post-mortem is on the money, but I'm going to detail what I've seen in these cases, going forward.

Having been an intermediary in a number of these cases, I can tell you for a fact that once someone has made up their mind that they are done, they are doen, and there is very little that anyone can do about that.

On those occasions where I have had success geting the owner to right the ship on their own, the problem was much smaller than this, and it required minimal energy out of the vendor, and the bad feelings had not reached this point. Yeah, tough combination, and we have neither of those things. In very rare occasions, the proprietor will be willing to cede the entire operation to someone else - maybe a subordinate who still has an interest and stake in the business surviving and floruishing, maybe a liquidation company which will wrap things up. Usually, whoever it is will want something for their considerable troubles, and it is usually *everything* left in the busines, for pennies on the dollar.

In one case, on of the earliest MTM suit programs in the USA approached us wanting to have Styleforum be one of the launch pads for a renewal after years and years of neglect and poor management practices (undertrained and predatory fitters being the symptom of an organization with really poor logistics, QA/QC, and incentives that actually encouraged poor customer service. That was a few years ago, and that iniative floundered, and the company went bankrupt. Only recently a former executive, who had since built up his own, profitable, company, acquired the entire company, including all remaining assets, for just over $400K. The leftover inventory alone was purportedly worth $500K. And since he was on the front lines when things were okay, and then when things went completely and utterly downhill, he at least as incentive to get things working again, and well. He is apparently also making right on customers who never got their suits back when things were bad.

So, even iconic companies can be turned around (or at least, revived). However, it's definitely not without considerable pain.

9. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

Well Charly just sent me an email to confirm my shipping address to Dan, so they are definitely reading this thread.

Per Drew's update 4 days ago on John Coppidge, looks like a lot of boxes are ready to ship and missing information for a variety of reasons.

I am actually kinda surprised they asked me for this information, as I have received 4 out of 5 orders at the deadline with zero issues.

My last update said the jacket was produced and awaiting shipping. That was 2 months ago.

So I think the fact that they are confirming details on jackets ready to go out, some people should rest a bit easy.

Once they get those jackets out, I know I'll get it in 2 days from Korea.

10. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

What did you order that you reckon is being shipped?

11. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

I just got an address confirmation again too!

TOJ0 – Ordered 9/16
    MA-1(Wool) – Ordered 9/16
    Double Rider – Ordered 9/28
    T3 2012 – Ordered 4/21

12. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

From now on: please mention what you ordered + when, and when it arrives, please update the highly useful Google spreadsheet.

13. klonowj

klonowj Senior member

Is the shipping confirmation just a generic email everyone gets? I got one too... July 2013 Double Rider

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Nice.

Let's see how this progresses.

15. McLarenF1

McLarenF1 Member

16. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

At the deadline, I ordered these jackets:

BCDR - 2 different ones
    TOJ 2013
    MDR

These were all ordered within a window of 2 weeks, yes I was broke for awhile.

I received the MDR in 3 months time.

I received the BCDR suede and TOJ 2013 at the exact same time, about 5-6 months after order

My last BCDR has been on hold 16 months.

17. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

Good to see address confirmations. Now lets get that update.

18. redonya07

redonya07 Active Member

Usually just lurk, but thought it would be worth posting that I also got a address/order confirmation:

Ordered: Black Lamb DR 2013
    When: July 4th, 2013
    Address confirmation: October 28th, 2014

19. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

I'm thinking it's one of the first two or both as I changed my DR from a Moto 2011 on the 10/16/2014 and obviously, no way the T3...