1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

No one said that it would be simple. In any case, you have listed two very different sets of concerns. One is about the logistics of sending someone to fix the problem. I agree that it's not simple. However, what other solution would you propose> Let's just take "Get Drew working the way he was three years ago" off the table, because that would take a change of heart, which is something that is really hard, probably impossible, to effect.

The second set of concerns are "everything that might be wrong with ToJ which would make any one getting their jackets impossible." They may be very well founded concerns, or not. There is no way of finding out anything about that just by you and me posting on the internet.

2. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

What on earth is the point of sending someone to "fix the problems"?

Unless you are sending them with a bag of cash to buy the raw materials and pay the makers, there is nothing else to be done.

There is no money to make the jackets. It is obvious what has happened.

5 people like this.
  3. peternorth

peternorth Senior member

This is kinda ridiculous.

Guess I am not getting anything till 2015. Mid August order date

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I hope I can at least get my jacket in time to wear for spring '15. I'd be very upset if I got it just as summer '15 rolled around. Might as well have a 2-year wait time at that point. September order here.

5. hokuto

hokuto Well-Known Member

All of these solutions seem premature unless someone whether it's Drew or Charly will even answer if the company is solvent and whether any of the money went to the restaurant. Granted there are people who won't believe them if they post that, but posting something and not being believed is better than not posting anything at all.

6. Distorbiant

The only real evidence we have is:
    TOJ only shipping out once per month - this is really suspect, considering that they should be operating at full capacity, and TOJ used to ship out far more frequently.

Not hiring someone to replace Sally's position. - If Sally was handling sending tracking #'s to people and writing shipping slips, it's a bit concerning that Drew has to do it himself now instead of hiring someone else. Also, the tracking situation is really iffy. People are getting address confirmations followed by their jackets appearing a few days later. After 1.5 years of waiting, I'd really like tracking.

1 person likes this.
  7. peternorth

peternorth Senior member

Need to see a Paypal balance with over $150k, then puts this theory to rest i guess.

8. veekta

veekta Senior member

can anybody relatively chummy with drew on instagram comment and ask for an update? he seems to respond to that fairly quickly

1 person likes this.
  9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

But it doesn't necessarily produce an update

10. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Anyone who is a customer has the right to voice their complaints.

ToJ has not fulfilled their end of the bargain (lol @ 6+ months for the wallets).

At this point, they're not even acting as a business anymore. "Don't whine, it'll make it worse." <- basically thanking him for taking your money and at his mercy, which you basically are in a sense financially. Business is business, you're not friends.

5 people like this.
  11. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Sure, but complaints don't do anything and I fact may make things worse

3 people like this.
  12. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

I feel like I absolutely deserve to complain when the second-in-command of this "company" says "Hi! Drew will be posting an update very soon!" and then proceeds to blow it off and post cat pictures on his instagram

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

hahahahaha i started laughing at this part alone

31 people like this.
  14. boned

boned Senior member

He's the hero SF deserves, a watchful protector

3 people like this.
  15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Drew just needs to suck it up, grab his backlog of orders, and give it to fucking Black Scissors.

16. Distorbiant

What does this mean

2 people like this.
  17. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Shhh, don't say bad, unpleasant things about Drew, his business or his practice. You'll hurt his feelings and then he won't do his job. Give him a break, you know he has his plates full atm. Be thankful that you have your order/s in so that ToJ may produce your jacket. Need I remind you that membership to ToJ is already at a discount compared to other clubs, and it's closed to new users so consider yourself one of the last lucky few. The sparse Instagram pics and caption should suffice for any and all ir/relevant info regarding the status of ToJ and your order. You can thank him now.

5 people like this.
  18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I mean, ToJ was like Black Scissors with marketing, Black Scissors with better English. He should just outsource the orders to the leathermaker down the street.

19. 10hannes

10hannes Well-Known Member

hands up who didn't order with their parents' money and isn't angry yet!

20. bakasam

bakasam Member

You seemed pretty butthurt from earlier

1 person likes this.