• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Cole

Reaction score
I hope we get like a one week warning before the cut off date... that'd be nice

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope one day I will click on this thread, and gdl will have posted some crazy super next level one off jacket he secretly commissioned from Drew. One can dream.

I tried to commission the Big Boss jacket from the MGS5 trailer.

No luck :(

Potsnu

Reaction score

Can anyone comment on how warm the toj0 is? Could I wear it in spring/summer at all (~25 degrees)?

I'm guessing that's Celcius. No you can't.

I would say around 15 degrees, maybe even 20 degrees at night....

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe so. I have an italian olive calf DR and the first picture represents the color pretty well.

Thanks guys. I e-mailed Charly and it looks like the shade actually varies depending on what the supplier has on hand. This would explain why it's so hard to pin down in pictures from different members who ordered their jackets at different times.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I e-mailed Charly and it looks like the shade actually varies depending on what the supplier has on hand. This would explain why it's so hard to pin down in pictures from different members who ordered their jackets at different times.
Trust Charly.

Potsnu

Reaction score
So I searched "bright + whisky" and only 9 posts come up, none with photos.

What is this most similar to? I love Aeglus's whiskey calf but I know that's no longer available. Would the Bright Whisky be more Jack Daniel's colour, or lighter?

I'm having a tough time deciding between Bright Whisky/Toffee Tan vs Olive Green. There doesn't seem to be much pictures of either colour and they can vary by camera and computer monitor.

Reaction score

So I searched "bright + whisky" and only 9 posts come up, none with photos.

What is this most similar to? I love Aeglus's whiskey calf but I know that's no longer available. Would the Bright Whisky be more Jack Daniel's colour, or lighter?

I'm having a tough time deciding between Bright Whisky/Toffee Tan vs Olive Green. There doesn't seem to be much pictures of either colour and they can vary by camera and computer monitor.

http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/image/41726670116

Pretty sure that's your best shot

Last edited:

eca462

Reaction score
Long rambling post..

Alright, I'm really indecisive when it comes to my TOJ trio, would be nice if I found out about them a year ago instead of now when they are closing shop, but I've narrowed it down at least. I should be getting a black lamb collared CWU soon so the first jacket is settled. I paid for two more jackets recently, I want to change them and decide now before the cut off. I'm thinking about a couple of combinations. Initially I wanted a T-1, but the summers are really short here and it rains a lot, plus three leather jackets feels like more bang for the buck. I prefer the CWU, 2011 Moto and A-2 models over the rest, I don't think a rider would suit me.

First option would be: Black lamb collared CWU - Black goat 4-zip 2011 Moto - Dark brown goat A-2

Second option: Black lamb collared CWU - Black goat 4-zip 2011 Moto - Whiskey calf 4-zip 2011 Moto

First one would be nice as I get the warmest jacket available right now and it should stand up to snow well. The bad would be that I'd have three dark looking jackets, and I'm thinking ribbed jackets won't hold up as well as all leather ones.
If I go with the second, I'd get a whiskey jacket, which I think would suit my complexion well and has the potential to look awesome in a couple of years. But, this would mean two jackets in the same model, although very different in color/material and perhaps no warm jacket for cold days that would work in snow.

So, my questions are:

Glazed or unglazed black goat for a 4-zip Moto? I really like the model, the black lamb ones looks perfect to me (but I don't want two black lamb jackets), so I'm hoping a black goat 4-zip silver zippers Moto would look awesome as well? The whiskey would suit me and has great potential with heavy wear I know.

Initially I thought about the Moto in dark brown goat, but that would essentially work as a black jacket in my wardrobe but still not quite be one, and I'd much rather have one "true" brown and two black jackets than the opposite. I'm thinking that in an A-2, the ribbing and shearling would bring the dark brown goat back a bit and give it more of a feel of a brown jacket compared to a Moto right?

Would two 4-zip Moto jackets be too much? The color and material are different for sure, but it's still the same model which makes me hesitate.

What kind of temperature can you wear a goat A-2 in and a calf/goat Moto? (With a thick sweater underneath). The ribbing and shearling makes the A-2 warmer of course, but with a scarf and the added thickness of the calf, maybe they would be about the same? Or would the lamb CWU work in snow? Rain I understand would be bad for lamb, but snow shouldn't be as bad and it's black, so there would be no discoloration really. With a scarf it should be as warm as the A-2. If the CWU could be worn on snowy days it would make my choice a lot more simple.

Reaction score
2 4-zip Motos would be redundant.

Black Lamb CWU, 4-zip Moto in almost anything, and Brown Lamb A2 would be the way to go.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What if...Drew is totally just giving us the run around on this whole ToJ closing forever deal just to boost summer sales?

"Oh that restaurant thing? Yea that was a lie, but thanks for placing 10,000+ orders this month!"

I thought about that as soon as everyone started clamoring to order. While it would be awesome, I don't think it would happen. I do hope he comes back at some point though, as I would love an ma1 at some point and then maybe another leather or something.

Potsnu

Reaction score
Well he did say he would be coming back with capsule collections. I could see Drew potential factory made sizes of say the TOJ Varsity during an anniversary year with pre-made quantities and release them that way.

It wouldn't be terrible amount of work for him, and it will allow him more capital to inject back in his restaurant operations. It's always nice to have a secondary source of income, during the initial few years of a new restaurant opening. At least in Canada, only 1 in 5 restaurants survive the first few years of operations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics