1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

Yeah I wasn't sure until I seen a few people on the spreadsheet were waiting on them. That spreadsheet was one of the best ideas anyone ever had.

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

3. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

This thread is so funny. I think I derive more value out of getting a laugh in here than I ever will out of my jackets. Keep the delays coming.

1 person likes this.
  4. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Yeah you tell em'! Fuck their money! Fuck their hard earned money! Their money those jackets and their lives have no value...what is important here is that the seller have all the free time in the world to fucking take pictures of cats and foods on instagram!

2 people like this.
  5. FatCatPhil

FatCatPhil Senior member

There I've fixed it so it makes sense.

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You've never heard of the saying "the best thing since sliced bread"?

1 person likes this.
  7. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought you were gonna change the thermometer.. The fuck is a thermometer doing on a list of greatest inventions of all time (unless it's a stand in for medicine, then alright..)

8. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Joke was too intricate. Went right over his head.

9. FatCatPhil

FatCatPhil Senior member

I've heard it, only in UK & US.

And it's not about the thermomether, it's about the scaling system.

Too intricate indeed :)

10. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Ok. I want a goat jacket, it will have to be either brown or black, and I want either an A2 or a MA-1 now. Most logical combinations would be Brown A2 and Black MA-1 right?

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that the problem, at the core, was that ToJ was an adventure, and not really set up as a business. There was no script for long term, sustainable, success.

It's not that hard for a business to not be able to deal with success. When a business is really, really, small, it's easy to hide problems with the infrastructure. But with success, unless you have some mechanism for limiting growth, comes a necessary scale up, and not every company is ready for that.

I like Drew. He made me a really cool horsehide jacket, which I wear regularly. From the beginning, his problem was infrastructure and scaleability. We talked about this long ago, when he was still entertaining the idea of making ToJ a viable, sustainable, business. I think that he has no interest, at this point, in carrying on the business, or in selling the assets (patterns, user lists, trademark, etc...) either piecemeal, or the business as a whole, so there is no need to go into putting value on those. I just hope that he tidies things up nicely.

3 people like this.
  12. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

That sounds like the way to go...

13. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

time for the toj spreadsheet greatest hits

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

You mean measurement in general? I would probably substitute mathematics, which is even more fundamental...

15. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

The cut-offs could've limited growth, but orders were still being accepted until early this year (?).

Customer relations would've been better if significant (week+) production delays were announced in the thread, and they started offering blacklist-free refunds once jackets started taking 10-20weeks longer to ship than what people were quoted. I think a lot of people are getting upset because they see a trend of major production delays being announced way after the fact, and the several pages of whining it takes to elicit a response from Drew.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    3 people like this.
  16. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

That's the SLP fashion forum meme, Distorb. The TOJ guy would have blue selvedge denim, and white sneakers on.

17. overtone

overtone Well-Known Member

I think the MA-1 is only available in black lamb

1 person likes this.
  18. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Leaning towards the brown A2 anyway. I wish toffee tan or bright whiskey with shearling was an option.

19. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

20. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

We still waiting for Drew to post, or.. ?