1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Yikes

2. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

Good news for Toj0 orders at least. Heh.

3. Aeth

Aeth Member

Received tracking for mine, MDR. Apparently it's been sent before but I didn't get any address confirmation emails/the address that I gave to Charly was correct? Praying that it goes to my home address lol.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

They have its called a business account.

5. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

^ but then they'd have to deal with ex/im taxes, etc.

6. sussi

sussi Senior member

WTF happened to this thread?! Wasn't there for about 20 hours and almost 300 new posts?!

People have to chill out.

And good to hear that some TOJ0 were shipped today. I hope my jacket will be shipped soon too.

7. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

8. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Wonder what draft revision Drew is working on for the update.
    Might be the most important ToJ announcement he ever made.
    We need some real answers and transparency.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

He's sitting on a stockpile of jackets and he just shipped some out, a lot more left. No one else to do it. Production is still going, slow but normal.

10. Spaghettimatt

Dbear bro you make a moto look sick. Convinced me to switch from the CM to the 2011.

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Thanks man, I'm really happy with it. Can't say that about all the TOJ's I've owned. Sold them all except for the moto.

Drew had previously mentioned that he thought the CM was one of his weakest designs (and the DR2013 being his strongest). After owning two of them, I get it now. It's some sort of compromising hybrid between a bomber and a moto. It shouldn't even exist, but it fills a niche.

If you go with the CM, hopefully you picked brown and if you go with the Moto, would definitely consider the 4 zip over the 2 (had both). The chest pockets are really really crucial for breaking up the wall of leather. Plus, if you don't like the dangly zips, you can easily just tuck them into the pocket.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  12. Spaghettimatt

For real on that hybrid idea. Had a brown lamb CM and felt like I was just chickening out on both the A2 and Moto. Switched it up for a black lamb 4 zip instead. Can't quite get behind the silver on black so stuck with gunmetal but maybe I'll come around.

13. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

Navy/black or gray/black TOJ? I have too many black jackets already to go black/black.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ so. Gunmetal is cool. Of course. I mean, TOJ was built on gunmetal. Silver didn't come out until much later anways.

BUT. Would higher recommend the silver. Had them all, gunmetal, black and silver...and would say silver is the obvious winner.

It elevates the jacket from maybe something a biker would wear to a real fashion type jacket. It has that wow factor where it catches people's eye and really goes well if you're already going in on the "luxness" of the black lamb.

Personally, the reason why TOJ is/was so popular is that they make fashion leather jackets. There are minor differences, but they are real. The fit, the finish, the hardware, all work together to produce the final product. Drew has a good eye for this and designed the jackets with all that in mind. He may not be the best pattern-maker, but his designs are impeccable. This is contrasted with stuff like Vanson or aero or lewis or whatever, where the MTO is basically just taking a true motorcycle jacket and slimming it down, but in the end, it still looks like a jacket made for a biker and thats why you can get that leather daddy or daddy jacket feel. All this IMO, so i'm just rambling.

7 people like this.
  15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

11 people like this.
  16. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Some asshole removed my "fuuma was here" comment from the spreadsheet :(

25 people like this.
  17. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

Just changed my november moto to a lamb ma-1. I guess this waitin' around isn't all bad, I'm really glad I'm not stuck with a moto now. Also started working out and got a bit bigger so I was able to account for that too.

18. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

So leather MA-1 is still an option?

19. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

I went to update my info in that spreadsheet and I forgot what jackets i even ordered.
    Surprise to me, im getting a lamb ma-1/wmns quilted dr in the distant future.