1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'll ask him if that would be appropriate. THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION!

I'll tell him about it. I do agree more frequent posts here would be a good thing.

1 person likes this.
  2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Thanks Charly. I will always respect you for replying to my hundreds of emails.

edit: It's not just frequency we need though, but transparency and specificity.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. hokuto

hokuto Well-Known Member

So Charly in all seriousness, how can you explain that myself and others were told are jackets are ready to ship and then have them not ship with some people still being able to change their measurements. At best it seems like you are frequently given the wrong information by Dan and Drew and at worse it seems like you're intentionally deceiving people regarding the state of their order.

4. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Dat spreadsheet is a work of art.

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Just some information that got lost or misheard between Dan and I. That's is a rare occurrence.

6. Distorbiant

So many couples are going to break up before those girlfriend riders get shipped to them.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I have a feeling that a lot of jackets are made, given by Drew's Instagram post. Whilst that could be good Charly let me change my first order this morning. All very confusing.

8. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

I honestly just laugh and laugh when I read this thread. Do you guys think any other google doc spreadsheet in the history of time has set off as big an uproar as that one?

9. Distorbiant

#SpreadSheetGate
    #JacketGate

1 person likes this.
  10. JFetter

JFetter Senior member

It really is quite amazing how impressionable people are.

We go a few pages with relatively little complaining, so other people are inclined to not complain.

Then one or two people freak out and demand refunds, then all of a sudden we have pages of people complaining and demanding to burn down the village.

I would like to point out that some of us are remaining quiet in the background, giving TOJ the benefit of the doubt that they will make things right, and patiently waiting while they do so. Not pestering them every other day, and not whining on the forum.

That said, they certainly haven't handled this situation well, and people have a legitimate reason to be upset.

I hope this works out well for everybody.

8 people like this.
  11. Danay

Danay Active Member

^Thank you. I remained quite even when Mr. Clark Kent sold his spot and I knew something terrible was on the horizon. When superman folds you are all screwed.
    I've gambled before. Maybe you forum folks should try it some time so your not so tilted when you lose.

2 people like this.
  12. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

Gambling implies I had a good time, got drunk, made some mistakes, and maybe even got laid.

Sending cash over PayPal isn't quite as thrilling. Nor did I think I was playing roulette when I was trying to buy a piece of clothing

2 people like this.
  13. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

Through my observation and following this thread for the last 12-18 hours [EDIT: And most of this has really only developed over the last, what, 24-36 hours?], this is kind of my attitude, too. I'm not financially invested, but still- the majority of you bought into this knowing lead times were long, that the owner of the company only communicates sparingly, and even some of you knew he was starting up a restaurant when you bought in. It's not like this is news, and it's not like what happened doesn't suck horribly, but, for most of you, there was some foundational understanding of what you were buying into.

Also, in any sample of humans, the loudest voices always seem to be the only ones heard.

14. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

C'mon man, place an order on a jacket and forget about it. See whether it comes but don't sweat it if it never shows up. liveeee a little maaaan

15. Danay

Danay Active Member

Gambling implies none of the above.
    Sending cash over PayPal can be quite thrilling when you purchase made to order floozies, not jackets.

16. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

@neilz4 : The backlash begins? Now it's the fault of the people that bought the jackets, rather than the fault of the person who hasn't provided the jackets that were paid for 15 or 16 months ago?

Look, I could be wrong, but as I understand it, it wasn't always like this. ToJ is/was a made-to-order business so of course you had to wait for your jacket, but the waiting period was typically (as I understand it) 3-4 months, not 15 or 16 months. Furthermore, Drew (@impolyt_one ) used to be an active participant in this thread. In fact, he was the one that started the thread and until he decided to shut the business down and to concentrate on opening up a restaurant, he was a regular and active contributor.

Therefore, whilst people expected to wait, they expected to wait one-quarter of the time that many people have now been waiting. Also, I think that people quite reasonably expected that Drew would continue to communicate with them and to post in this thread, and he clearly he hasn't been doing that.

3 people like this.
  17. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

And here come the rationalizations.

Every single time. Even after the spreadsheet made it abundantly clear that this **is not** the age-old scenario of lengthy wait times and "sparing" communications, but rather a total state of confusion and absence, lack of shipments, and circularity when it comes to refunds.

None of this could reasonably have been within the bounds of consideration as of, say, Dec 2013-Feb. 2014. Orders after that probably were a bad idea--but that's all I'm willing to grant.

4 people like this.
  18. Distorbiant

Lmfao nobody knew they were buying into a 16 month wait time you twit.

1 person likes this.
  19. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

We wish to speak with the one they call "Drew"