1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Is that drews cat? Anyone have any info? Looks like a good cat

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I purport that the cat is the true villain. Drew has been trying to update us for weeks, but that damned cat keeps distracting him.

1 person likes this.
  3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I miss seeing his dog :(

The glory days of ToJ and Minami-chan

4. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

His dog gots more ToJ swag than some a you fools.

5. hokuto

hokuto Well-Known Member

Let's try to guess what the update will say.

"Production has been delayed due to a lack of a specific kind of thread needed to make the jackets and daypacks, I have been using TOJ funds to turn my BMW into a time machine to go back in time to restock this kind of thread. Unfortunately time travel is tricky business with Korean summers being twice as long as the rest of the world and I will probably return in summer 2015. Meanwhile several staff members think they have caught Ebola which is also causing delays.

Here are some undated pictures of jackets and EMS boxes"

The sad thing is that I imagine the real update will be more ridiculous and less transparent

4 people like this.
  6. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

People asking why Drew doesn't take 5 minutes and give us an update: Drew is obviously more than capable of popping in here and giving an update if he wanted, (He used to post in here regularly, and nobody is that busy). Its apparently clear, that he just doesn't want to for either lack of caring, or he has nothing to assuage fears. I'd suspect they lost either some artisans/factories (used to happen a lot a couple years ago), or never rehired some oversight positions, and hence production output slowed to about half its normal speed. Of course, all heresay, since Drew won't divulge the holdup.

1 person likes this.
  7. phototropically

phototropically Active Member

I would like to give you an update about TOJ, but instead, here's a story about me working with a line cook in my restaurant. It's a hard knock life but I feel like you really get to know someone when you work hard with them. Anyhow, that's all the time we have this week, tune in next time!

8. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Hopefully the update will include an ETA on daypacks and wallets this time instead of just saying that they're delayed.

9. nichet

nichet Active Member

Anyone get a reply about refund from Charly? Just emailed about it and not sure how long to wait.

Can't believe I'm asking for the lead time on an email

10. emilo

emilo Senior member

Not to be too contrary, but what would an ETA be worth at this point? Fool me once etc.

11. emilo

emilo Senior member

Yes, I actually got a reply earlier today:

"Hey,

Yea, I let Drew know already (since he handles all the wallet/bag transactions)."

Whether this means that I can actually expect a refund, and if so, when that would be, I have no idea.

12. nichet

nichet Active Member

Thanks. I've asked for a wallet and mdr refund so I'll update when I get a reply

13. dgtl-rn

dgtl-rn Well-Known Member

:(

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

I guess this update will determine whether or not I sell my spots to anyone brave enough to buy.

15. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

I don't think anyone--even the most fannish of TOJ's clients--would care for another lengthy ramble that waffles around everything and doesn't provide any concrete information.

1. Provide clear guidance re: refunds. Enough with the buying slots crap. Nobody does that in the real world, and this is a very real business for TOJ.

2. Provide short and simple update regarding current status of manufacture of jackets. Explain why people have received emails specifying their jacket(s) are ready and then have not received any shipment in over a month (two?).

3. Provide short and simple update regarding status of daypacks and wallets.

4. I'd be grateful for an answer about what happened after July or so (the sudden spike in lead time to almost a year, visible on the spreadsheet).

1 person likes this.
  16. johanm

johanm Senior member

Not sure about that. Expect a lengthy waffling ramble, and expect 50+ thumbs.

1 person likes this.
  17. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

dat spreadsheet tho
    and all the emails, posts and refund requests
    puttin pressure on ToJ to emerge from the shadowy realm of Instagram

everytime he speaks it's like the gospel, can't wait for his address

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Instead of one long post, how about Drew stick around for a couple of days and reply to questions?

1 person likes this.
  19. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

You're gonna have to make an offer he can't refuse to keep him around.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  20. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Out of curiosity, what are some of the best alternatives to the TOJ MDR? Price isn't a concern, and I'd favor lambskin but would look at other materials too.