1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Every time this comes up: check that VISVIM lookbook pic of a double rider with a wool sweater and collared shirt + trousers.

5 people like this.
  2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

...then check to see if you're a hale eighteen year-old fashion model with a 26-inch waist. :p

I know the one you're talking about, though; it looks great.

3. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Roscius

Roscius Senior member

^ that outfit is greatest of all time.

That and the MDR with grey wool pants.

I will achieve one day

5. thinksyncopated

thinksyncopated Well-Known Member

I may have gone mad, but picked up 3 TOJ spots in the past few weeks. I'm thinking:
    1.) Black Lamb Quilted Double Rider
    2.) Navy Calf 2010 Double Rider
    3.) Black Lamb CWU-45 (ribbed collar, no suede name patch)

I keep thinking I should get a brown jacket too, and the one that seems to get crossed off the list first is the navy calf double rider (although it seems like such a unique mockup - something I would just never be able to get anywhere else). The alternative would be a brown lamb A2, with the suede name patch .

What do you guys think? If you were to pick 3 styles/configurations, what would you choose, to cover the gamut of more stylish/fashion forward to more casual/classic?

6. Danay

Danay Active Member

Any difference between the A-2 and CWU-45 besides the attachable fur collar? Does any one actually use that fur collar besides posting pics of it? Thanks.

7. Beane

Beane Senior member

8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Different pockets. Different shoulders. Sleeve pocket. Different collar. Different suede name patch.

You have to buy a spot from someone else. They no longer take new orders.

9. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Meant to post this before. Purchased from ToJ Exhange Thread, practically brand new.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ToJ A2 in Brown Lamb (Size 48ish)
    Uniqlo Henley
    3Sixteen Shadow Selvedge
    Wolverine 1K Captoe

Will post a fit pic of my Wool MA-1 later on.

13 people like this.
  10. czjl

czjl Senior member

Great fit from the exchange! Good on you. Sleeves a little on the long side, but amazing nonetheless. Grats.

2 people like this.
  11. RetroFuture

The sleeves were actually shortened from stock the seller said. I think it's just bunching up more visibly because of the henley but the length of it fine by me.

12. zxcvbn

zxcvbn Senior member

Sleeves slightly on the short side if anything.

13. RetroFuture

So what is it? Long or short? Lol
    IMO, I think it's near perfect.
    Jacket is still brand new, needs time to break in a bit.

14. zxcvbn

zxcvbn Senior member

Haha yeah it's all preference. I like a bit of stacking w/ rib cuff jackets especially since as it breaks in it'll accordion up a bit and get shorter. But whatever's comfy for you!

1 person likes this.
  15. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

1. Black calf moto -- classic, all business, can wear to work or to go out

2. Brown CWU -- casual, all american look

3. Black goat or lamb 2010 double rider -- fashion, like the high/low aesthetic between biker look but sleek leather.

OR full-on quilted suede MDR, but that's not going to age well. Just my opinion. BTW, didn't Epaulet do a navy double rider recently? It went into their sale section IIRC.

16. wzjradam

wzjradam Senior member

Get a T1.

17. masshi

masshi Senior member

these are just my dumb opinions, and considering that i'm not as into fashunz as these other guys are i'm probably overlooking a lot of things due to my limited perspective, but i've always thought that riders looked better with structure

so, in reference to your quilted DR, i think that it should be in calf since calf won't let the lapels flap around like i imagine the lamb does (but i've read that toj lamb has a fair bit of structure to it as well, so i'm not sure)

a rider jacket to me has also always been a "tough" jacket (i mean, these are the jackets that bikers wear) too, so in keeping with its "character" i also think that a harder leather suits it better

and people always go on about how lamb "drapes" or whatever, but to somebody like me that's always been a negligible detail (not to mention that calf will eventually drape, too, once it's been broken in, so to me it's always been a moot point; i guess it's kinda like washed denim vs. raw denim in whether you want instant gratification or something that you break in yourself; for me, the "journey" you take on with the latter has always been appealing)

and with regard to quilting, i've never been a fan of that, either, as it's something that originates from something that's practical in real motorcycle jackets but here is nothing more than cosmetic

and i know that there's a disconnect with thinking like the above yet still having orders of my own in the queue for fashion riders, but people are inconsistent and i, especially, am dumb (so keep that in mind when reading what i've typed!)

-

regarding the 2010DR in navy, idk - imo navy looks better on the less busy models, and i think that the navy calf is a "soft" calf, anyway, which i interpret as having less structure?

regarding the black lamb cwu-45 - i don't think the suede patch is optional? other than that it's coo'

also, if anybody wants to tear apart what i just said i'd actually be legit interested in that since i'm still learning~

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Quote: QDR is not the one with the band collar. It's the one with horizontal pockets and quilting, based on the Lewis Europa. You're thinking of the Band Collar double rider.

Drew has also recommended lamb for quilted models

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  19. overtone

overtone Well-Known Member

Black Calf 2013DR
    Brown Lamb A2
    Black Lamb MA-1

2 people like this.
  20. thinksyncopated

thinksyncopated Well-Known Member

Very close to what I'm thinking, but I don't think they are doing the 2013DR? My thinking is, if I ever want a rugged calf DR in the future, I'll go with the Vanson/SF one or a Schott.

I appreciate all the replies! I realize it's all so subjective, like saying, "what should I order at Chipotle?" Everyone's gonna do their own thing.

But definitely some food for thought. I don't the calf/lamb on the quilted is much of a concern, and, in reply to @masshii - I'm not going to be riding a moto any time soon, so it's obviously a form over function sort of thing. I'm not a fan of motos and I guess I'm just iffy on the navy 2010 DR. I originally was thinking whiskey tan ala @aeglus, but that's essentially my skin color and I don't think it would look good.

Leaning towards Black Lamb QDR, Black lamb CWU, and Brown Lamb A2.

TOJ is Pokemon. Gotta catch em all.