• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

omgcookielol

Reaction score

you guys are tearing me apart
uhh... Arent you pretty young? Get what you think would look coolest on you. **** timeless if youre buying a biker jacket to begin with. If you're still weary, remember that as long as you don't omit zips and crap, Drew only sells classic rider designs that have never really gone out of style anyway. I've seen tons of old guys rocking their old leather jackets without a problem - the biggest secret to that is not getting fat. The deadline isn't here yet, so just think about which jacket you'd be most excited to receive in 4-6 months.

If I were in your position though, I'd get the bcdr.

Last edited:

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just copped the house special, black lamb 4-zip MDR with silver hardware.

Pumped. And nervous as hell about sizing...first MTM jitters.

The measurements we ended up settling on:

Shoulders: 17.4"
Pit-to-pit: 21"
Mid: 18.5"
Waist: 19"
Body length, front: 22.2"
Body length, back: 24.4"
Sleeve length: 25"

My measurements:
Shoulders: 17.3"
Chest: 39"
Mid: 31.5"
Waist: 32"

I'm 5'11" and last time I weighed myself, ~150lbs.

Anyone else out there with a similar build care to comment on my measurements? Feel like I need some reassurance -_-

On another note, fuuuark I wanna grab a 2-zip 2011 moto, silver hardware in dark whiskey calf... Why are you closing just after I discovered you, TOJ, whyyyyyyyy??!!!!!!
I'm 5'8" and about 150lbs. My measurements are very similar, just slightly smaller in the shoulders, slightly bigger in the mid/waist, and then a couple of inches shorter in all of the lengths.

I am planning on submitting my payment tomorrow, but I'm nervous as **** about the suggested measurements. Especially the waist. I keep wanting to make everything smaller. There's nothing worse than a leather jacket that doesn't hug you correctly. None of the leather jackets in my stable have a "waist" that is close to 19 inches, but then again they are all banded/ribbed instead of straight cut hems.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 5'8" and about 150lbs.  My measurements are very similar, just slightly smaller in the shoulders, slightly bigger in the mid/waist, and then a couple of inches shorter in all of the lengths.

I am planning on submitting my payment tomorrow, but I'm nervous as **** about the suggested measurements.  Especially the waist.  I keep wanting to make everything smaller.  There's nothing worse than a leather jacket that doesn't hug you correctly.  None of the leather jackets in my stable have a "waist" that is close to 19 inches, but then again they are all banded/ribbed instead of straight cut hems.

woah how cropped do you want your jacket? Anything shorter than the 22 / 24 is crazy short

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In 4 months, I expect to read about many a jacket that was sized too slim upon customer request. Complaints of "I can't lift my arms!" and "I can't zip it up all the way" will abound. So will bad fit pics.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tomorrow is Friday boys. You know what that means. Potential toj0 and/or daypack shipping. Be excited

IS THIS HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

Also, how long does shipping usually take to the west coast? Seems like it goes pretty fast

Leather MA-1 order in. CANNOT WAIT.

TOO BAD YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really wish I had steady employment/a cash flow right now to just go HAM on ToJ products, electric blue QDR and some beautiful whiskey suede number would be so ******* cool

The marketplace is gonna be flooded with new ToJs in 4 months time though haha, wonder what the volume of orders is like. Over 1000 in a month? :slayer:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In 4 months, I expect to read about many a jacket that was sized too slim upon customer request. Complaints of "I can't lift my arms!" and "I can't zip it up all the way" will abound. So will bad fit pics.

Why wait four months when you can go back through most of this thread right now?

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's about the right time for things to start going. This week or next I imagine for both to start shipping. I hope so, because I lost my backpack after classes ended at the end of April, and have been schlepping to class with my laptop and notebook in hand.

TeamCoCo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@ cyc wid it
Are these the people that didn't trust Charly?

damn, keep forgetting to press the quote button.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the wait time on full leathers right now?

don't wanna bother charles

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After over three years of pining, just put in an order for an A2 in brown unglazed goat.

I was freaking out over measurements measuring and remeasuring and comparing and measuring and my wife finally said "dude, just trust Charly."

noirwest

Reaction score
good god, this thread has almost become unreadable. brb, let me freak out about measurements and post what I submitted and then ask strangers on the internet whether they think it'll fit me ever though you post no fit pics of anything.

The only challenge for anyone is SEVEN measurements of your own body. If you can manage to do that and also measure a current piece of clothing you own, Charly will give you an amazing jacket. It's seriously not that hard. Dude has helped hundreds of people get awesome fitting jackets, chances are if you can use a measuring tape, you're gonna get an awesome jacket too.

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics