1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. BaronVonBishop

BaronVonBishop Well-Known Member

If you've been waiting a year, posted regularly to this thread and then don't bother to post on the thread when your jacket arrives - you're an asshole. :)

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I know this has been said on other threads, but again -- I mostly avoid B&S nowadays cause the luxury market has rebuilt itself since the 07/08 economic collapse, so prices aren't as good as they used to be. Couple that with a really hard search system, and it just takes too much work to go through B&S for too little gain.

Used to be worth the effort, given the kind of deals you used to find on there, but that hasn't been the case for a long time. Grailed doesn't have knock-out prices either, but at least it's really easy to search. Super easy, actually, and has the upside of having less junk than eBay.

If B&S was just revamped with some simple search tools, ppl would use it more often. And it could be a traffic driver.

IMO, anyway.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  3. misterswag

misterswag Senior member

I think the low tech nature of the cm b&s is a real benefit. Assuming the typical user is on the slightly older side, it's less of a hassle than subscribing to another service when they're already familiar with the forums/paypal format.

I think a real advantage is styleforum has amassed a decades worth of content. That's something not many sites can replicate, giving SF it's own niche within the greater internet fashion arena. Growing the retail and b&s side also gives it an edge over a pure forum such as redditt.

Anyway, back to complaining about TOJ

4. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

These are the last two major postings for production/delivery from Drew's side of things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both are months ago.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

All things we discuss, regularly, in depth. @dieworkwear, we will make categories mandatory, and add a size filter, also mandatory. Is there anything else in that vein? Or something that needs fixing? Brands are too fluid for us to put that in.

Tbh, I never use search. That's actually one thing I like about our system over, say, EBay. I can browse 20 pages, and see l lots of interest ing stuff, instead of just seeing lots of American Eagle and Old Navy. I like to do thing inefficiently, on the off chance I'll stumble on something mindblowing. I don't want to lose that Pasadena Swap meet feel, but do want to make it more usable for a more general audience.

6. canadianhockey3

canadianhockey3 Senior member

Ya'll like

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

I know the guy behind Grailed from MFA and he definitely doesn't have any venture capital or money. It's just one guy and he has a partnership with PayPal where they are covering the fees for a limited time.

8. jsd642

jsd642 Senior member

8/23/13: lead time - 5 months
    4/30/14: lead time - 1-2 months
    8/17/14: lead time - 1-2 months
    9/15/14: lead time - "still a few months away"

Pretty weird looking at that timeline.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Do you believe that PayPal has no skin in the game? The guy seems to be a serial entrepreneur. That's not a criticism, but I tend to not trust anyone who says that they are investing time and money for no return. Tbh, I think that that last examples of that being the actual origin story were forums like Styleforum, which were nearly all started by nerds like us, in the late 90s and early 2000s.

10. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Drew posted the following photo about four days ago, it's on the Tumblr. I hope it implies that jackets or something is getting sent out.
    [​IMG]

11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Those were boxes that got returned by EMS.

1 person likes this.
  12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

since when does toj ship jackets in boxes? mine came in a plastic envelope

13. emilo

emilo Senior member

From the condition of them, it is rather obvious that those parcels are not about to be shipped but rather were already shipped to the place where the photo was taken.

14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

pretty sure those are returned/undeliverable boxes.

15. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Indeed you are right. My question is, did drew sent out a lot of other stuff with it?

16. mothball

mothball Senior member

Gray lamb

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. peternorth

peternorth Senior member

Was quoted year end for a August 2013 order earlier in the week. For what its worth.

18. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Guess my Oct order isn't coming anytime soon. Damn, was hoping to wear it sometime this winter.
    Hopefully it'll arrive before Spring get's here.

19. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

A Challenger Appears

Was that jacket recently delivered?

20. mothball

mothball Senior member

Beginning of August. Ordered June 2013.