1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

MDR is the only DR model that works on smaller frames, IMHO. Eg., I think the guy in Distorbiant's links looks silly in that jacket in the way an orchestra pianist would look silly wearing KISS gear.

2. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

This dude is 130 iirc

[​IMG]

Preferences I guess. Comparing waistbelts on a Lewis leather inspired jacket to wearing facepaint and platform heels is such hyperbole I can't believe I'm responding to it other than to let the dude know to not be afraid if he likes the design. It's true drew doesn't like wearing drs though but at the time of those photos he wasn't just slim he was super skinny with no arms (his words not mine). Calfskin is an aggressive material don't be afraid to not settle for safe and versatile if that's not what you're into

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

Silver is almost always better. One could make a case for gunmetal on earthy tones.

About to reach 15 months on my electric rider order.

Regret not getting a jacket in the ivory leather. Also, no ivory orders in the queue to buy.

So weary from the waiting, can barely write coherent sentences.

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Yeah what was "that guy" Thinking

2 people like this.
  5. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

why are people still talking measurements and options when manufacture and delivery has stopped?

6. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Because that topic is fucking boring at this point. Somebody do another song parody.

7. ninopwns

ninopwns Well-Known Member

Sorry to drag this boring topic out, but at this point I'm convinced that manufacture has completely stopped for at least two months now. The daypacks and wallets do nothing but prove this point.

8. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Well what are you going to do about it, other than bitch here?

Some of us still believe ToJ will deliver, as they have done for years.

9. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Edit: you actually don't deserve that so let's say its meant for chimaki and nepats

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3 people like this.
  11. ninopwns

ninopwns Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I do believe they will deliver. I already have owned a TOJ. I just think that their priorities have gone in the wrong direction. Ever since Drew started working at his restaurant and opened it, (right exactly when the daypacks and wallets were open to order), they have stopped making TOJ the priority, and I think that is the absolute wrong thing to do. We are preexisting customers,and have already been waiting for orders since the design and creation of the restaurant ever came into existence. I just think its extremely frustrating every time Drew makes a "restaurant overrides TOJ production" excuse involving his own efforts, along with the (honestly) extreme lack of help and support that the influx of TOJ orders brought in after the "first" shut down announcement that really required an increased production team.

12. ricesuit

ricesuit Well-Known Member

lmao oh wow i was mentioned in the song. sorry dudes, i'll go on sunday if possible. i didn't really get a big chance to talk to drew so yeah. first order of business will be definitely asking about the daypacks/wallets...

13. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Please find out about daypacks!

14. hokuto

hokuto Well-Known Member

/shrug I find people are mixing up can they deliver with do they care/will they deliver?

Of course TOJ can and will continue to deliver jackets, TOJ's actions clearly demonstrate they don't care about how off their estimates are, how slow they are to ship or what their customers think. In any respectable business I could have just got a refund at this point but they can't even offer one in a reasonable amount of time.

15. nyarkies

nyarkies Well-Known Member

I guess the answer is they will/maybe will deliver but clearly don't care.

16. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Well-Known Member

ricesuit: Thank you for making an effort to go again. If you do, could you try to get a firm response (i.e. one without a 1,000 word explanation/excuse/other tale of woe) to any one of these questions:

1. What is the current status of daypack/wallets?
    2. When are they expected to be shipped?
    3. Drew said some jacket styles are currently in Nov.-Dec. order manufacture stage--which ones?

17. veekta

veekta Well-Known Member

18. nyarkies

nyarkies Well-Known Member

Well, doesn't this apply only to online retailers based in the US? If so, it won't matter even if this was enforced 5 years ago.

19. Machete Hands

Machete Hands Member

I was under the impression that Drew isn't really involved in the production process, he's just the one that started ToJ and designed the products. Is that not the case?

20. emilo

emilo Well-Known Member

Honestly, if he had anything to say you'd want to hear, he would have told us himself. He knows how to use this forum. He knows how to send an email to the ever-waiting customers. The fact that he has completely abandoned all the online communities where he was so active before speaks volumes in and of itself.

He does not give a single fuck enough about you or your order to give even a short and honest update say every other week. Do you really think he will go through the hassle of finding a new workshop, source new materials for the jackets, do test runs etc. at this point? He didn't even care enough to do that for the backpacks/wallets.

Trying to corner him at his restaurant won't make a difference. But keep believing your stuff is getting made. Who knows.

2 people like this.