1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I've actually had really good communication with Charly. Much better than most small companies I've dealt with, and a ton better than any custom clothing operation. If he hasn't responded to your email, it's probably a fluke. Maybe just email him again? Sometimes things slip through the cracks.

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Charly has responded promptly to my hundreds of emails and dozens of jacket changes and modifications. Even though I bitch about the delays, Charly has my utmost respect.

2 people like this.
  3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

lol, I was thinking more of the ringleader -- Mail-outs? Updates? Refunds? -- and the hilarious excuses.

4. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

Just a question Willy. Would you happen to have an idea on what actually is going on with the production?

5. Distorbiant

@noob should I change my calf dr back to lamb?

6. Roscius

Roscius Senior member

Have you resent?

7. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

that's the scary part. If anything, it's incentive to just say screw it and minimize expenses that could essentially grind production to a halt or at least enough that production bcomes much slower.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I think it's clear that -- whether you're a fan of ToJ or not -- everyone in this thread has resent.

7 people like this.
  9. Distorbiant

I mean Drew is driving around BMWs and popping out thousand dollar wines on Instagram and shit. It's kind of weird none of that money could just go towards hiring someone to ship out some boxes. The dude lives a very, very good life. That plus the pressure to sell spots (thus putting the spot seller at risk in terms of paypal disputes) rather than offering refunds, makes it seem to me that they're trying to squeeze every dollar out of this.

10. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Seeing as my jacket is a ways off from being made, Im really looking forward to getting Drew's next update. What will he say? What won't he say? Should be a good one.

1 person likes this.
  11. Roscius

Roscius Senior member

Haha. Not what I meant but yeh, I guess. At this point I'm just mildly frustrated that I didn't get the jacket during the season I wanted it. Winter has passed and the jacket probs won't be here in spring so, won't have a chance to wear until 2015.

12. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

I'm still hoping for the chance to own my first ToJ leather. Reading back a few pages, it seems as though it will be pointless to purchase a spot?

13. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Me too ... (1 year anniversary in October).

14. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

Still hasn't come in yet? damn.

15. nichet

nichet Active Member

I may be selling a spot for a large wallet - any takers?

16. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I have two jackets a little over 11 months, a lamb BCDR for me and one for my girlfriend. Do you think now's the appropriate time to send measurements?

17. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

I hope that's not a serious question.

Idon't understand why some people wait so long after paying to start measuring. I measured, got recommendations from charly and then just payed and left that aspect alone.

18. Krish the Fish

Very serious. I knew the wait was a while, and I wanted to have as accurate measurements as possible. A lot can happen in 6/12/however many months.

19. overtone

overtone Well-Known Member

Ordered a lamb bcdr for my girlfriend as well.. just hit 59 weeks. They would probably be in the same batch?

20. Krish the Fish

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that they probably cut and sew a big batch of BCDRs at the same time, depending on customizations (quilting, etc.). So they might be rolled into the next batch of BCDRs, women's and men's (so along with my BCDR). Both of my orders aren't quilted, but she didn't want excellas or bemberg, and I have silver excellas and bemberg on mine.