1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Because even after the massive backlogs, we(well at least I) was told 20 weeks.

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Yes, but when people made those orders, were there already know backlogs of people whos estimated wait times were long overdue?

3. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

Anyone selling their spot for a large zip wallet?

4. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Yes -- this! A year ago, it was pretty well known that estimates weren't accurate, and wait times were considerably longer. The first jacket I ever ordered, in 2012, suffered from this. It's not a big deal, I waited longer than I had hoped for...but it didn't kill me.

5. emilo

emilo Senior member

Well, basically, last summer, TOJ announced the shut down of the brand. This made a LOT of people put in orders within a relatively short time frame ((June to August 2013). As I understand it from the forum, people were quoted wait times around 20 weeks. Back then, 20 week was a bit longer than one usually had to wait for a jacket. At least much longer than I have had to wait for any of mine. Those 20 weeks kept being extended until some point in early spring (?) when TOJ stopped even giving estimates.

On top of this, people have been able to put in new orders well into 2014. Obviously, the people who have ordered jackets during 2014 have been aware that they had to wait an extended (unspecified?) period for their jackets. But the people who are or have already passed the one-year mark did not have a clue that they would still be waiting for their orders today. And the same goes for those of us waiting for a wallet or backpack. We were specifically told that these would not be affected by the extended queues as they were being made in different workshops. Still, the wait time for these have, so far, been exceeded by 100% of the original estimate.

I mean, the quality of Drew's stuff is outstanding, and the wait time will, probably, be worth it. It is the lack of communication and the decreasing frequency of new batches going out that is the biggest issue. At least the way I understand it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Can't believe I have to unsub from the TOJ thread after nearly 5 years... Everything in this thread for the last couple months has been nothing but complaining. Really no point in coming back here while I wait for my last order.

Any relevant posts will be reblogged anyway.

8 people like this.
  7. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

FWIW, and I hope he doesn't mind me putting it out here, but I was in contact with someone here about buying his 56-week spot. According to Charly his jacket is completed, it's a suede DR 2013.

8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Wasn't known to me. I ordered in mid-September of last year, and was told 20 weeks for production time. As @emilo stated above, I understood that 20 weeks was longer than normal, so I figured that would account for any potential backlog.

I put in another two orders in January. At that point, I knew there would be some delays, but not the extent. I didn't think this many people would reach a 52 week wait-time on orders originally quoted 20 weeks. With no real estimate on when things will be delivered either.

I don't own any ToJs, so I can't speak to the quality, but the lack of communication on Drew's part is disappointing. Whether there are logistical reasons for not being able to give a timeline or not, I don't see how that really justifies anything. Explaining and justifying are two different things.

This thread is curiously like the Passagio Cravatte thread, or any of the other CM threads that have blown up over the years. (I imagine only @in stitches will get this reference). The only difference is that when people complain about the production delays, lack of communication, and inability to resolve their issues, instead of getting people making jokes about the vendor, we get people who get upset at the people complaining.

7 people like this.
  9. dgtl-rn

dgtl-rn Well-Known Member

Told 16 weeks but almost at a year for my wool ma-1. 6 months on the leather. I'm not worried, and am still excited, but of course people will be getting antsy when updates are... Infrequent.

If I was Charly or drew I wouldn't want to post in this thread when it's filled with moaning and people slandering them. A short update or picture everynow and again would be nice though, just to show things are ticking over.

Whatever though, would love to see more fit pics in here :)

1 person likes this.
  10. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

Ultimately, if comments were as civil as yours I don't think I'd mind as much. But it's just these extremely whiney complaints, that essentially retread the same ground, over and over again. I'll speak for myself and say that is why I've got "upset" over people's whines.

But this is just an Internet thread. So it's my fault for even coming here and starting to emote after reading these things.

I don't disagree with you in the slightest, I think it's sort of crum-bum situation. But I don't think the majority of people on here are doing anything constructive with their posts. And aside from the potential chance that this medium can be used to update customers, I'd just assume this thread get closed out.

11. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Yes, closing out this thread will definitely make those of us still waiting on a June order even more comfortable that things are still moving forward in Korea and that we will eventually receive our jackets.

1 person likes this.
  12. coldknife

coldknife Senior member

[​IMG]

Sorry for the poor lighting, just got my TOJ suiting wool MA-1 (second hand, not from TOJ) in the mail! It's a shame that it's 24 degrees celsius outside, otherwise I'd provide a fit pic.

Hella lightweight, but the insulation seems spectacular. I'm pretty sure it'll survive a Canadian winter.

Still waiting on my June DR order though [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  13. Donut

Donut Senior member

You wont be disappointed. MA-1 kept me very warm through last winter (on average most days were -30).

14. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

Nice shot! So stoked I ordered an MA-1.

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

MA-1 looks great. Kind of regret selling mine. I think it's because I got several jackets delivered that week, including my moto that was ordered in June'13 (same package as the wool ma-1). This was September of last year...

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Somone sold me the ma-1 last year and it has been a solid purchase, really comfy.

17. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

I haven't really seen anything that would constitute as slander. People are just getting a lil anxious, can't blame them too much for that. . I Hope all is going well and they start pumping out jackets.

18. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

I guess it depends whether you consider people claiming that Drew scammed everyone and is never going to deliver any more jackets to be slander or not.

19. BluePlateKing

BluePlateKing Senior member

A-2 owners, help me out. I'm on the verge of buying an A-2 Bomber off of someone, but the side of the for collar throws me off somewhat.

Could someone let me know how big of a difference the size of the original leather collar compared with the detachable fur is? (If that makes sense) As I'm thinking if j get it I might tailor the collar to a smaller size.

Would that be do-able? Look weird?

20. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

What?

Fur: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=6843
    No fur: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=6846

What else could you possibly need?