1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

I want TOJ to send me tracking when they have my jacket shipped. I live in an apartment and I'm constantly away from home. Sometimes they leave my package at the reception office, sometimes they bring it back to USPS. It would be really fucked up if my jacket fell into later situation and without tracking I would never know.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

(nm again. going to learn to not open blocked users' posts).

3. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

I guess that part of the website wasn't updated as I recall he wanted the site to remain up even after production stops. There wasn't any specific date for a deadline. When, the first huge wave of complaints happened, it was around that time Drew decided to stop taking orders. Maybe it happened even earlier than that. I don't really know.

As for opening Paypal cases, given the situation of delays reaching for more than a year for some, lack of regular updates, refunds can't be issued without repercussions, and now, not meeting the stated time frame for the daypacks/wallets, it puts buyers in doubt if they will still get what they paid for. I don't know how long before one is unable to file for a paypal dispute or claim with their credit card company due to the transaction being past a certain amount of time but that, I think, plays into the whole situation as well. I do think it's also a threat or move to push Drew to act. If they want to do it, then it's their decision because it's their money.

I don't believe the complaints here are entirely pointless. Evidently, the last time it happened, Drew updated the thread and went out of his way to ship out the jackets himself.

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I'd be happy with a short 1-paragraph update every 2 weeks.

Hell, give me once a month and I'd be satisfied.

After all daypacks and wallets are at double their original estimated wait time. (2 months est, 4 months current)

1 person likes this.
  5. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

I know the one time I had to file a complaint on eBay, PayPal was 45 days which I missed so I went through VISA who gave me 90 days. So anyone past 3 months is fucked.

6. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

Haha. His face after I told him he better not be around when I come back with my gun was priceless.

7. jim_n

jim_n Senior member

this. or even just knowing jackets are being shipped from people posting here. anything!!

8. masshi

masshi Senior member

actually I think it'd be cool if a lot of people started opening up disputes and canceling their orders since all that'd mean is that I get my own jackets sooner yay

9. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

If the buyer only has 45 days to file a dispute then what you're suggesting can't even happen.

I always thought it was longer than that and with credit cards allowing up to 6 months. Maybe it depends with the bank.

10. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

I know Drew has mentioned it before for it being "difficult to find" people who make jackets the way he wants them, but at this point, wouldn't it make some sort of sense to hire more people to help finish? Sally quit, Drew is personally going to the post office himself at this point. If we were on the November 2013 orders it would be one thing but we are still on June/July.

1 person likes this.
  11. Distorbiant

Why spend more money on employees when we can wait 18 months

1 person likes this.
  12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You have to find and train them, which costs money, the operation may not have and the new people could deliver a quality you wouldn't be happy about.

Drew has mentioned more than once, that the people making the jackets are in their 60-70's and will retire, when they are finished with Toj.

13. Distorbiant

Jackets cost money. Enough jackets to back up the queue over 1 year costs a lot of money.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

If the profit margin isn't there, there's really nothing to do.

15. masshi

masshi Senior member

I hate when people suggest that Drew hire new people to make jackets

I want ensured quality, tried and true

if it means waiting a few more months then so be it

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  16. emilo

emilo Senior member

.. good one.

And pertaining to this: I realise there a costs involved in getting new workshops/craftsmen used to the patterns and cuts, but other than that, wouldn't it be the same cost to have four workshops make jackets for 6 months as it would be to have one workshop make jackets for two years? In other words, the cost would be four times higher but only have to be sustained for one forth of the duration.

.. Assuming you could find three more capable workshops. But I can't imagine that would be impossible in a country such as South Korea.

17. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Quote:[​IMG] Found a picture of a blacked out moto for you. Idk if it's any less 'versatile' or not, I def. prefer silver or grey though

18. BluePlateKing

BluePlateKing Senior member

I think blacked out looks awesome, but I think silver or gunmetal looks better with a non all black outfit

1 person likes this.
  19. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

• Robin Williams passes away from apparent suicide

5 people like this.
  20. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Forgive my ignorance, guys, but I have a curious question. Were these backlogs known when people were making orders? I mean, if it is common knowledge that TOJ orders take a long time to fulfill, and often even longer than the company estimated, why make the order and then complain about what you knew going into it?

1 person likes this.