1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Gowin's law holding strong

6 people like this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Guess what, guys? Making Nazi jokes is an excellent way to get TOed or banned. Beause guess what, they are never funny.

All such posts will be deleted. There will be no further discussion on the matter.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Drew's also deaf so there's the whole "call the workshop" thing. It's all been explained before. It's not rocket science, but it's still a logistical pain in the ass. Clearly Drew doesn't feel inclined to do so. You won't convince him by posting about it here.

4. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

To be fair, he didn't say anything about the Nazis.

1 person likes this.
  5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

nm

6. in stitches

SS = Nazis

That is the end of that.

7. JoolzR

JoolzR Member

Man, this thread has really gone off the rails. More so than it usually does.

So here's a picture of my new-to-me double rider. Seriously just pulled it out of the box. Black lambskin with gunmetal hardware.

[​IMG]

First impressions: this jacket is a lot heavier than I expected. Lambskin is very, very soft and feels great to touch. The fit is very slim but not uncomfortable at all.

As for the current wait situation, I really feel for you guys. I placed an order in early August last year after reading through most of this thread. If I knew the wait would be this long, I'm not sure if I would have ordered anything. Ended up buying this used off of a member of this forum and am extremely impressed by the quality of the jacket. I can definitely see how TOJ built up such a great reputation, but it's a shame that they seem to be a victim of their own success.

2 people like this.
  8. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

^ Nice attempt to calm down this thread. Are you someone else's clone?

9. veekta

veekta Senior member

Had this black t1 for a while but thought I'd lighten up the thread with a fit pic. How's it look? I think shoulders are good but I may have missed the mark with length
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

SS = Super Saiyan brah

Iron Knochs's jacket?

11. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Wow what's the agenda with the post that got deleted?

guy used the association to depict another group as despicable, its not like that could be construed as anti-semitic.
    Was it too derogatory to the people it was directed towards?

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

in stitches in jewish so he probably found it offensive.

13. palma

palma Senior member

Lol! Wasn't joking. Why are they still up for order on their site? Was there a specific deadline for orders? I remember last time I was here it wasn't explicitly stated.

By paranoia I meant people wanting to open paypal cases? I have enough faith in ToJ to not run away with my money.

Restaurant is a tough business especially in Asia. But I guess he did it more for passion and I do wish him all the best. I would not give up a golden egg laying goose like ToJ. I think expanding operations and continuing MTM was a sound business plan that had been successful in the past. He could continue to raise prices too. Lets be honest people would easily pay 4 figures for these. Remember when they cost half that? Leather hides have not doubled in price since then right? I still think their products are underpriced because he doesn't price services like going back and forth with people trying to get the arms perfectly skinny on flight jackets. Those are man hours and the man must be paid.

14. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

For those that live in the US, which shipping company can we expect our jackets to be delivered by?

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Express USPS with signature

16. palma

palma Senior member

Maybe he meant it as a warning that if the thread does down the route of Godwin's law there could be blood and rightfully so. I wasn't aware of this law. Funny, I think it applies to YouTube comments the most.

17. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

Thanks. So if we ain't there, I would expect they hold it at the nearest PO. Just nervous that they will leave it on the front porch especially since the other day I found a random dude filming the inside of my house, obviously scoping it out.

18. JoolzR

JoolzR Member

Thanks, the jacket arrived earlier in the day and I figured it had been too long since actual jacket photos were posted here. Yup, it seems like the previous owner is almost as tiny as me! Fit is just about spot on everywhere, IMO.

Nope, got it from a guy in the TOJ exchange thread that posted it a while back. Surprised that nobody picked it up before I did, although it is pretty small (size 44) so I guess not many people are looking for that size.

Best of luck to you guys, and I hope you won't have to wait much longer for your jackets.

19. in stitches

Guys. When a mod said something is over, its over. I am not deleting the recent posts because they are not really offensive in nature, but all the same, they dont belong. The job of a mod is to use his discretion and decide when to let things ride and when to put the kibosh on something. If you can't see why the direction things were headed need to be cut off, or what the issue was with the posts that were deleted, I dont know what to tell you, but what I can say is that its over.

Feel free to PM me, or Fok if you think I am out of line, if you like. But in the meantime, I will delete any further posts that continue on the vein of why SS jokes/comparisons may or may not be ok, and in what context, if any, they are allowed, regardless of how innocuous the posts may be.

7 people like this.
  20. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

< Internet Tough Guy> I certainly hope that you took the opportunity to film the inside of his rectum.< /Internet Tough Guy>