1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I said 5 because barramundi did; it's impossible to say how long it will last because, as I say, though I can see that it's aging, I don't see anything wearing out, nor can I tell what would wear out first.

Comparing a lamb jacket to shoes is not perfect; shoes are not made of lamb.

You know, I think there are zero stories of a toj lamb jacket ever wearing out, and people have been wearing these since what, 2009? Was there one story about someone's ripping?

2. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

^ some dude punctured his winter varsity sleeve with a pen or pencil a while back. Sent the jacket back and TOJ replaced the leather for a fee I think.

3. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I had a small tear in one elbow of a lamb jacket. I had it fixed at a place called Bedo's Leatherworks and you have to be looking for it to tell it was ever there.

4. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I'm happy with my blacked out BCDR.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  5. BluePlateKing

BluePlateKing Senior member

Happen to have any fit pics of it? There's something about my jacket I'm not 100% on, not sure whether it's the fit, colour or model. Would love to see some blacked out pics as they don't seem to be as common as black/silver!

6. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I'm not really one for fit pics :)

I think the MDR is one of those pieces that you either like it or you don't. Although, it's not quite the same, I had a Schott Perfecto for a while and really could never ever feel comfortable wearing it. Too Brando, too Wild Ones for me.

7. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Quote:Just looking at your outfit imo your style just isn't super conducive to double riders let alone a blacked out one. The only thing I'd wear with a blacked out dr is black jeans and black boots, either chelsea or something like DM hadleys. But I've never thought dr's are particularly versatile, even the mdr (also I think versatility can be sort of over-rated on fashion forums so that's not a negative thing at all). I just kinda think you have to own the look rather than treat it as a 'versatile staple piece' or whatever

8. BluePlateKing

1 person likes this.
  9. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

anyone know what material this person's DR is made of? and this fit is interesting... would this be described as slim, or even bigger than that?

10. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

lamb

2 people like this.
  11. Danay

Danay Active Member

I agree with this. Would a blacked out Moto 2011 lose versatility as well? Would silver be considered the most versatile or gunmetal? Thanks.

12. reallypeacedoff

reallypeacedoff Senior member

I can't speak for everyone, but I feel like blacked out leather jackets looks somewhat cheap. Not sure why, maybe it's the illusion that silver metal provides more bang for your buck, and even gun metal but not quite to the same degree. Just my opinion though. For example I was in American Rag yesterday and I tried on a JE+C Flash Dual Fullzip with Riri zippers, really nice shit at $188. Tried on a CdC Play Hooded Sweatshirt with white YKK zippers and was definitely puzzled at it's $319 price. I mean, the JE was at least 3 times more substantial as far as quality, weight etc

For what it's worth I do have a black lamb w/ silver zips Moto 2011 that's at 45 weeks, so I'm a little biased.

13. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Probably also due to the fact that blacked out hardware easily looks plastic-y in pictures/far away. And the silver/gun metal just makes for a nice contrast imo.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  14. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

15. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

one year here as well. Farkin ridiculous.

16. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

School starts wednesday. Guess I'll still be using my old beat-to-shit backpack. Kinda annoyed how it was promised that the same problem with wait time on MTM wouldn't happen, especially since it was clearly stated that it wouldn't happen.

17. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

And no updates again... A regular update of how far the along the production is or what's being made helps.

18. canadianhockey3

canadianhockey3 Senior member

So glad I sold my spot and evaded this shitstorm. Lame for a company with such a large fan base to end its journey (at least for now, apparently) on such a low note, leaving a bad taste in people's mouths. Good riddance TOJ - I'll certainly side step your restaurant when I'm in Seoul.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  19. BluePlateKing

They're great jackets, but the level of blind fanboyism from some users where they are just making excuses for poor customer service is ridiculous.

2 people like this.
  20. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Just give up. All we can do is wait.

2 people like this.