1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Looks great imo. Awesome pick up, man.

2. BluePlateKing

BluePlateKing Senior member

Great to get back a load of feedback. Not sure if I'm being picky or just as it's my first double rider, but it just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's just the style that I've never worn that's annoying me

3. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

Please don't alter it. You'll mess it up and it will be worse fitting and worse looking. It looks great now, but if you don't like it, sell it, but don't alter it.

3 people like this.
  4. BluePlateKing

Damn, think you might be right. Just not comfortable with the style of the jacket.

If anyone has seen this and would be interested in buying/trading let me know.

Cheers for the feedback all!

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I agree, good fit; don't need to mess w it.

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Anyone get tracking this week?

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Yeah, I ordered a router from amazon and it showed up today. Got tracking almost instantly.

33 people like this.
  8. zxcvbn

zxcvbn Senior member

Never seen a fit pic that's made a blacked out TOJ look anything but out of place...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  9. coldknife

coldknife Senior member

Did anybody try to contact Charly recently? I just sent my third e-mail yesterday regarding a possible address change and he still hasn't responded - which is odd because he usually replies within 24 hours. Usually I'd wait awhile longer before asking here but seeing as this was the third e-mail I've sent in 10 days I was just wondering if he's on vacation or something?

10. BluePlateKing

You reckon the black hardware detracts from the look?

11. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Has anyone had any experience with altering a jacket? I'm possible looking to shorten sleeve and body length.
    I know this may be silly to ask since the jackets are made MTM. I bought one off B&S and might alter instead of trying to resell.

12. leipergrey

leipergrey Well-Known Member

I sent him an email to change my address 10 days ago (July 27) and he answered me that same day to confirm it.

13. barramundi

barramundi Senior member

For those who have owned a ToJ lamb leather jacket for at least some months, how is it faring? At your current rate of wear and care, how long do you feel it will last? A couple of years? Five, longer...? What is your routine, if any, that you do to take care of your jacket?

14. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I'm starting to get seriously worried, and a little paranoid. I'm trying to have the utmost faith in Drew and co but I am getting really quite anxious. I have five jacket, large wallet, and daypack on the way. The last time we saw anything get posted was three weeks ago. Haven't heard a thing about the daypacks or Wallets. Next Thursday will mark 2 months ahead of when we were told they would be delivered, double the time. I did have this conversation with Drew last Monday evening, but that was the last I heard anything, (My earliest order being the 19th of September)
    [​IMG]

Can you please tell us when your expecting to ship out this batch and what on earth is happening with the Daypacks and Wallets? It would really help to settle my nerves.
    I'm really trying here guys. @impolyt_one @bentobox @mrchairybrown and anyone else who can please give me some peace of mind?

Hope those who have recieved their jackets are wearing in good health!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  15. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Dear lord. What was this, a massive splurge before they putatively closed down? But, sympathies; I'd be antsy too if I had that much at stake and nary an update.

Just looked in after a while--it doesn't seem like I should think about getting my MDR by the end of 2015 (I'd ordered mid-late December '14). Was kind of hoping for it to arrive before the New England winter ends...maybe early spring, then.

16. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Any anecdote about people dying in-between ordering and receiving their jackets?

12 people like this.
  17. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

You ordered in December '14? You're living in the future.

I ordered 2 jackets in February: I don’t really expect them before Feb-March 2015. By the way, does anyone know what the steel blue suede looks like?

18. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

19. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Senior member

I sent an email to Charly regarding my order, he replied promptly and put me at ease by saying I was in the next batch. Ordered leather MA-1 mid july

20. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

Back in December when I got close to 20 weeks (my initial quote), I promised to show my TOJ to my grandfather, who was a leather collector and had great enthusiasm in fine leather goods. He seemed to be very eager and kept asking about it every time I visited him in hospital. I couldn't keep my word since he passed away 2 months ago.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    2 people like this.