1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I can hook you up when mine arrive(first one ordered Sept 23), as I have five jackets on the way.

2. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

Its kind of weak that the backpacks/wallets were specifically mentioned to be separate from the jackets and are still a month late

3. nichet

nichet Active Member

Leaving the country for 6mths in 5wks, hope it arrives before I go.

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

cool man, i'll pm you

5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Anyone get their wallets yet?

6. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I'm assuming they'll go out with the day packs.
    We just hit three months since orders for them closed.

7. duhduhduh

duhduhduh Member

i expected the wait time to be longer than projected, but now, i hope to receive them before september

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  8. Joona

Joona Senior member

That's right, excella zippers are smaller.

Thanks @ColmDawson :)

@Spaghettimatt Yeah, I got tracking number.

@dieworkwear both shoulders on my MA-1 are actually quite veiny/grainy. I'm just not that good at taking pics and the right shoulder is more folded in that pic, but in person it looks to me that they've chosen pretty similar pieces of leather for both shoulders/arms. To be honest, I don't think there has been any change in anything recently. My MA-1 isn't the first TOJ's lambskin jacket with some (or a lot) of that kind of leather. I truly hope your jackets will be made with smoother leather though.

@Yoshi Thanks. My MA-1's shoulders does that too, whereas A-2 doesn't.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Samir

Samir Senior member

I might hit you up around that time as well - I've misplaced my tote and grocery shopping just hasn't been the same. [​IMG]

10. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

Mine will be a year in a couple weeks I think. Maybe the DR "batch" is just really big?

11. sleepless

sleepless Senior member

Haha, what's that trite Einstein quote- "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Company has history of quoting inaccurate lead times and delivering late with no explanation. Company unveils new product with short lead time. New orders are late with no explanation. ...Are you NOT ENTERTAINED?!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

There's a double batch of riders that was just completed/almost completed this week.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

What's the source on this info? I have a BCDR on the line is why I ask XD.

14. emilo

emilo Senior member

It is a shame, re

It is a shame, really, that the TOJ adventure has had an ending characterized by blatant disregard for promised time frames including a lack of willingness to inform customers hereof, and an apparent decrease in the quality of construction (the asymmetric shoulder) and material (the cellulite ridden MA1). I really enjoyed following the development of TOJ, and I still get a tremendous pleasure out of the three TOJ jackets I have kept over the course of the last three years.

15. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

I forget the asymmetric shoulder thing--remind me? And regarding that excessively veiny MA-1. I really, really, really hope that is not an indicator of the declining quality of the "last" TOJ units. On the one hand, what somebody said about the company needing to use up less-than-premium leather to get rid of stock makes intuitive sense. On the other hand, it would be a very disappointing thing if *any* company did that, because it unnecessarily cheats the last customers out of quality that's been the bedrock of the company's reputation. All of which is to say: I hope TOJ maintains the quality they're known for, and I hope future units won't continue to display such excessive veiny-ness.

Mid-late December order here; I suppose I'll get mine around the end of 2014 or thereabouts (maybe a tad bit earlier?). Great timing as far as I'm concerned.

1 person likes this.
  16. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

All we can do is hope and prey.
    Thank You Based Jawnz

17. Justo

Justo Well-Known Member

Not an MA-1. That's a CWU with a ribbed collar.

18. Yoshi

Yoshi Senior member

Totally is, I also have an MA1 on order, must have got the names confused when I typed the post.

19. bentobox

bentobox Active Member

Spy mode ON.
    I saw a huge batch of what I thought were 4 zips going out for mailing yesterday and today.
    Leather looked just as amazing as prior jackets. Buttery soft and minimal grain/vein or whatever you guys are talking about. Of course it's leather and it has texture but they all looked perfect and I would have been stoked to get any one of these jackets.
    Spy mode OFF.

20. azif

azif Senior member

Fark this is me too and ordered a size 50 Though my shoulder measurements were closer to the 50 Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk