TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

that curry recipe is pretty close to mine which means it is pretty damn good

2. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Senior member

3. s3lam

s3lam Senior member

My first TOJ
    [​IMG]
    Lamb leather

4. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

great picture. if you want it to stay buttery soft, try to stay away from water. dihydrogen monoxide is great for making it look worn in, but you lose the finish that makes it super soft.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

s3lam, welcome to Heaven's Gate [​IMG]

6. GBear

GBear Senior member

dihydrogen monoxide

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Awesome looking jacket! How does it fit?

7. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

these next 4-5 weeks can't happen any faster.

have you guys ever considered a bigger, not mtm, production? granted the price would go up, but if you kept the same quality, I think you guys would kill it.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

s3lam, welcome to Heaven's Gate [​IMG]
    No kidding. I looked at my email history with Charly. First item ordered during the last week of November '10. It's been downhill ever since.

9. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

have you guys ever considered a bigger, not mtm, production? granted the price would go up, but if you kept the same quality, I think you guys would kill it.
    a few pages back, Drew mentioned that the workers he contracts this have been doing this for 30+ years. maybe 20 pages back, he talks about how the price of the jackets would probably hit $1.5k+ for the purchaser just to be able to justify the distributors and middle men that would have to enter the process; they want their cut too. a couple hundred pages back, Drew mentioned that this is a little pet project of his that he doesn't want to get on a bigger scale, and will eventually cease when he decides to tackle other endeavors.

10. GBear

GBear Senior member

a few pages back, Drew mentioned that the workers he contracts this have been doing this for 30+ years. maybe 20 pages back, he talks about how the price of the jackets would probably hit $1.5k+ for the end user just to be able to justify the distributors and middle men that would have to enter the process; they want their cut too. a couple hundred pages back, Drew mentioned that this is a little pet project of his that he doesn't want to get on a bigger scale, and will eventually cease when he decides to tackle other endeavors.

Drew is the man for doing this.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

these next 4-5 weeks can't happen any faster.

Drew has stated that he is not willing to sacrifice his production process. If they get more popular, the wait time will just be longer. I don't mind at all. They are an essentially 3 man show.

MTM or not, the process will take the same length to produce. If one guy can make 1 jacket a day, it will remain 1 jacket a day regardless if the jacket is a size 47 with modified lengths or a stock 47. It is not viable, especially for a small company such as ToJ, to produce say 10 stock 47s in advance and hope that people will buy them. If they don't, then the company is out of luck, and they will have to ditch the inventory with hopes of breaking even just to cover the fixed costs, ie material and labor, which will result in Drew not having enough money to experience with different recipes.

12. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

No, for sure. I'm just thinking if the dude has enough talent to produce this quality of shit, with the following he has, he could be killing it hard financially if he's got a line / design house behind him. Then again he might go the mcQ route with all the bullshit / stress involved. I respect the attention to detail and actually seeming to care about the customer. Srs.

13. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Need some advice. I never actually posted pics of my bomber when I got it back in September. I love it to death, but I've been thinking lately it's just too small to hold on to, especially in the arms.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think you can see in the second shot especially how tight it is against my arms, even though I sized up in the sleeve measurements. Jacket is also a bit too tight to zip up easily, which I know it probably is for a lot of people and isn't a big deal. Any opinions are appreciated.

14. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

body looks fine, arms are indeed quite snug. what size?

15. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

is that all muscle? whats your bf%?