1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. fallenwest

fallenwest Senior member

Wonderful. I love how the lamb get's matte with time.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Is TOJ calf leather drum dyed?

3. Imyouricecreamman

Imyouricecreamman Senior member

@colmdawson how is your a2 coming along. Always loved the fit on yours:)

4. ColmDawson

ColmDawson Senior member

Living in Spain (for the moment) so I haven't been able to wear it in a couple of months, but it's getting along nicely. Here are a few photos from the last couple of weeks it was chilly enough to throw it on. Might put up some close-ups tomorrow.

Glad you liked the fit on it btw, I'm still so happy with the way it came out :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23 people like this.
  5. coldknife

coldknife Senior member

I just realized that in 4 more days I will have waited an entire year for my 2013DR

Damn.

5 people like this.
  6. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

I feel your pain, I just hit 50 weeks myself. I guess we drew the short sticks of the timing of the batches. But I bet we the first couple in the next.

7. Imyouricecreamman

Imyouricecreamman Senior member

Thanks man. Both the jacket and paella looks great :D

1 person likes this.
  8. leipergrey

leipergrey Well-Known Member

Great looking jacket, colm. ¬°Muy bonita!

9. ColmDawson

ColmDawson Senior member

Thanks guys! I have a black lamb DR 2010 in the pipeline so hopefully that will turn out as good as the bomber did.

So there's going to be another shipment this week?

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

anyone know?

11. peternorth

peternorth Senior member

No new orders - does that mean no suede harringtons?

Thanks

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Are you the type of person who attempts to shop at a store 10 minutes after closing time for an item they haven't stocked for years?

1 person likes this.
  13. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

Gonna try to cop a spot in line from someone. Can't decide between black calf/lamb/goat silver 4-zip MDR or a diesel blue calf suede silver 4-zip MDR.

Everyone praises the black lamb and I would go for that in a heartbeat for the supple/butteryness and the drape but I really dislike the veining (I know most people do but I don't) and wrinkling that sometimes comes with. Creases from wear are completely fine but I dunno if I'm down for examples like this [​IMG] or [​IMG]. Though I've seen many lamb MDRs and they've all turned out super clean... Like Synthese's and Potsnu's (just off the top of my head). With calf though, going through all the pictures, they always seem to come out clean. They just don't have that drape of the lamb. Goat seems to be a compromise/balance of both but it just doesn't do it 100% for me.

Then there's the diesel blue calf suede... I know magicalporks' has handled the omakase and has a DR (and both turned out great) but I wonder if an MDR would look good?

Help me out here guys? Shoot me your 0.02.

Only other TOJ I own is a blacked out TOJ0 if that helps lol.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  14. tonyboy

tonyboy Member

I'm not sure if this will be any help, but when I bought my jackets I thought to myself "which ones look nice that no one else really does the same way?"

It's give and take, as far as materials go you just have to bite the bullet and choose based on which qualities you prefer, A>B>C etc. The lamb isn't fragile by any means, and is much lighter and easier to wear compared to the calf. Calf has more colours available and will last longer in an absolute sense, so it may be something to consider if you think you'll still be the same size and have the same taste in clothes in say 20 years or if you want do a weird/magnificent/fabulous colour like me. I can't comment on goat since I've never had one made up in that.

Suede vs. other materials is once again based on what you want out of the jacket. Is there a clear role you want the jacket to play? Is this an homage piece or an everyday piece? Do you anticipate wearing this in inclement weather or in varying weather conditions? If you don't really know the above you can just play it safe and get a black lamb piece.

15. 5354

5354 Senior member

Pretty sure a black goat 4-zip MDR would look excellent

16. henrylkr

henrylkr Member

Updates on wallet/daypacks Drew? Been a little more than 2 months. Tomorrow? Next month? Year?

17. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

He might be referring to the fact tha tDrew mentioned around the time of the wallets that they might do a run of harringtons as part of the fundraiser separate from the normal items, and then never said anything else about it.

18. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Black Lamb QBCDR and Calf 3Zip MDR ftw.

19. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

PM me if looking to sell your spot for a TOJ0 or suiting wool ma 1

20. Somatic

Somatic Senior member

Think I may be selling one of my colored calf bcdr orders. Ordered back in March and I'm probably just going to sell off for what I paid.