TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

dilemma! Quilted DR, Minimalist DR, or Bomber!!?

The answer is obviously "d) All of the above".

2. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

That would be the answer, definitely, if i had 2.4k in the bank just lying around XD

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

This is Style Forum. Everyone has 2.4k in their back pocket.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

With NB on their feet?

5. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

unfortunately for a poor student like me... [​IMG]

6. mreggen

mreggen Senior member

I'm a ToJ-noob trying to get some sizing help over email with them (first purchase so I have no reference), and I'm kinda getting this feeling;

[​IMG]

Is this normal? Something related to it being 8:30 am KST perhaps.

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

"Sent from my iPhone" is four words.

8. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

It's normal. Charly probably responds to a billion emails a day when new things come out and everyone's asking 20 questions.

9. GBear

GBear Senior member

I'm a ToJ-noob trying to get some sizing help over email with them (first purchase so I have no reference), and I'm kinda getting this feeling;

[​IMG]

I got the same feeling too, haha.

I'm not sure about my shoulder meassurement, but I'm 69 kg (152 lbs) with fairly normal shoulders.

What does fairly normal shoulders even mean? Haha. I know I am a 17.75" but that's so weird how Charly recommended a smaller shoulder width on the minimalist DR. Is it because of that little pleat/crease looking fold at the shoulder?

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's normal considering that Charly probably responds to hundreds of e-mails (maybe even close to a thousand) a week so a shorter and more precise answer is ideal. If your question needs more detail, I am sure he will answer accordingly. Not to mention that all the questions are probably all the same and that takes a lot of patience to respond to all of them.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

It's normal. Charly probably responds to a billion emails a day when new things come out and everyone's asking 20 questions.
    Keep in mind that Charly replies to emails on his computer and also his phone. I've gotten replies from complete sentences to one word. If he's on his phone, it's probably the latter style...quick and to the point.

12. zaff

zaff Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Normal.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

It's normal considering that Charly probably responds to hundreds of e-mails (maybe even close to a thousand) a week so a shorter and more precise answer is ideal. If your question needs more detail, I am sure he will answer accordingly. Not to mention that all the questions are probably all the same and that takes a lot of patience to respond to all of them.
    Seriously. It would piss me off to the 10th degree if I have to continuously answer questions back and forth with 'potential' buyers who never buy. I'm sure they get a fair share of this.

14. stick

stick Senior member

What does fairly normal shoulders even mean? Haha. I know I am a 17.75" but that's so weird how Charly recommended a smaller shoulder width on the minimalist DR. Is it because of that little pleat/crease looking fold at the shoulder?

Poorly fitting leather jackets are probably one of the easiest ways to fail an outfit, especially in the shoulders. imo the DR styles look much better with the shoulder smaller than the width between the ends of your shoulder bones, so the seam sits a little higher and is more fitted. I'm guessing they feel the same way, since if you compare the old size charts for the DR and the other jackets, shoulder measurements are always narrower on the DR than the other jackets in the same sizes.

15. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

fuck now you've got me questioning my shoulder size.

most of my shirts have a 17" shoulder. i got a 46 body with 47 shoulders because of that. mistake? should I get a stock 46?