1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

the fit of ours doesn't have anything to do with Levi's, really. You can get the same fit between both T-1 and T-3 with the same specs. Diesel blue is a good color ;)

2. Kross

Kross Senior Member

Saw your facebook post Drew, any idea what the new leather models "might" be?

3. jabberwock1977

jabberwock1977 Senior Member

Excellent.... thanks Drew. I think I feel an order coming on.

4. RXS09

RXS09 Distinguished Member

It's just not the same [​IMG]

5. artishard116

artishard116 Distinguished Member

stolen from my brothers instagram
    (whiskey lamb)

[​IMG]

6. RXS09

RXS09 Distinguished Member

7. AriGold

AriGold Distinguished Member

Anyone else have experience with the FQHH compared to calf? What jackets would suit this the most? Moto?

8. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior Member

I don't know why anyone wants horse hide on a fashion jacket. It's stiff, not as nice, and costs more.

Justifiable for people who want to get D30 armor for their bikes, as it's more abrasion resistant than calf.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013

9. Newo

Newo Senior Member

Well to some degree it has some repro value for some models I suppose, but I get what you're saying. With ToJ I'm not looking for full repro anyways. There is the obvious longevity factor, though, so if you're looking into a very durable moto jacket you're looking between calf and horse, and I think horse probably eeks through a bit when you're looking at reddish-brown colours.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

The horse we have now doesn't come in the same colors as before, but yeah it's nice if you want a drier finished tough leather. Some people like that, I guess. We offer a little bit of everything for everybody, at least currently.

11. bertie

bertie Senior Member

I feel the same about shoes but look at the legions of folks who love shell.

12. bertie

bertie Senior Member

13. JFetter

JFetter Senior Member

I ordered a Horse MDR because it was the only material (currently) in a shade of brown I was looking for.

The toughness might be cool for the knife fights I typically start, but I hope it breaks in nice too.

Why is everyone making a big deal? I've heard the horse is similar to calf....and calf has always been THE leather to make jackets out of.

14. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Hmmm I wear shell brush it and its clean and shiny again. I wear a calf edward green which costs a lot more, got to brush, Reno, 10 layer wax, brush then wear. Then reapply wax after a few wears. Then can't wear in rain. Hmmmmm yeah shell doesn't make any sense.

And to get back on track, can't decide if I want a black lamb bcdr or a Sherwood one. Love green anything and suede looks perfect for LA

15. bertie

bertie Senior Member

I would never argue with a shell fan - just pointing out different strokes.

I was quite tempted by the horse hide myself but ordered a goat CM at the time no horse was available.

The horse hide takes dye differently from calf and has a different surface texture. ToJ/JC cuts are sufficiently non-retro that it adds an interesting dimension to get a modern cut with a hide that evokes more retro models.