TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. zaff

zaff Well-Known Member

add an inch.

Thank you, maestro. I have faith...

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

It means that unlike the old jackets, adding a bit of length to these if you happen to be taller than your average hobbit (o hai) won't fuck up the proportions.

I don't really even know how to explain it efficiently, but with the new styles and the banded hems, I just think they can use another half inch or an inch, and the models with convertible cuffs can use a micro break in the sleeve as well. The samples have been hanging here next to my head while I type at the computer for a few weeks now and that's how I feel.

3. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

When measuring a jacket, does one measure from the top of the collar all the way down?

4. emilo

emilo Senior member

I don't really even know how to explain it efficiently, but with the new styles and the banded hems, I just think they can use another half inch or an inch, and the models with convertible cuffs can use a micro break in the sleeve as well. The samples have been hanging here next to my head while I type at the computer for a few weeks now and that's how I feel.

So if I got my size suggestion from charly based on the 2010 model, you would advice us (/me) to get 0.5'' added to the current suggestion?

I'm 175 cm (5'9'') and my suggested size is
    Lengthened 47
    shoulders, front\t 17.2"
    shoulders, back\t16.7"
    chest (pit-to-pit)\t21.0"
    midsection\t18.7"
    waist\t19.1"
    body length, front\t22.1"
    body length, back\t24.7"
    sleeve length, from shoulder\t25.2"
    sleeve width @ pit\t 7.2"
    sleeve width @ elbow\t6.3"
    sleeve width @ cuff\t5.3"

5. impolyt_one

for the front, go from the small of the neck between the collar bones, and then go straight down the front to about where your jeans button is (if you're a square and wear your jeans all the way up, then go down a little further)

6. impolyt_one

Emilo, your measurements sound fine as is. I'm the same height as you and those measurements would fit me like a glove.

7. emilo

emilo Senior member

[​IMG]

Thanks man. Looking forward to getting my TOJ-virginity taken within the next week or two [​IMG]

8. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

9. emilo

emilo Senior member

Black lamb minimalistic DR. Wanted the dark grey originally, but I'd rather avoid having to condition the leather after a rainy day. And now black has grown on me.

10. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

Black lamb minimalistic DR. Wanted the dark grey originally, but I'd rather avoid having to condition the leather after a rainy day. And now black has grown on me.

Shit, now I'm really confused. You're 4 inches shorter and used similar length measurements on a DR. I already emailed Charly to add .6", so I'm at 22.8/25.6. Hopefully that'll be enough.

11. GBear

GBear Senior member

Emilo, your measurements sound fine as is. I'm the same height as you and those measurements would fit me like a glove.

Just want to double check. I'm the same measurements as well, but what are your shoulder measurements? I got them increased to 17.6" front, 17.1" back when my raw shoulder measurement is 17.75".

12. emilo

emilo Senior member

LPatterson, incidentally I also got meassured for the moto '10. My suggestion was body length, front\t20.6"body length, back\t23.3".

13. emilo

emilo Senior member

Just want to double check. I'm the same measurements as well, but what are your shoulder measurements? I got them increased to 17.6" front, 17.1" back when my raw shoulder measurement is 17.75".

I'm not sure about my shoulder meassurement, but I'm 69 kg (152 lbs) with fairly normal shoulders.

14. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

Oh god, there's time to change? I've been really second guessing my DR body length. [​IMG]

Are you supposed to get the same body lengths for the minimalist DR and the collared moto? They have the same hem, but their charts are different. Charly assured me it's just a different style, but it doesn't feel right.

15. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

dilemma! Quilted DR, Minimalist DR, or Bomber!!?