1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

Filed police report per someone's suggestion in this thread with no expectation it would turn up. Called insurance on a whim.

I gave them case number and contact info for police officer who took my info. Maybe they assume you wouldn't lie to the police? They (USAA) didn't even ask me for a receipt...just looked it up on the web site and paid the cost minus deductible.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

mass

2 people like this.
  3. Somatic

Somatic Senior member

Anyone have a picture of one? Don't think I've seen black glazed goat before.

4. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Would like opinions on this as well. Although I'm pretty much in for *navy/black daypack as well. This old herschel supply co backpack I'm carrying around everyday just doesn't cut it lol. Also I feel like I put so much in it today it was gonna rip.

1 person likes this.
  5. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

fits like this are the whole reason I want a harrington. I used to have an anniversary one but i got too big for it so I had to sell

6. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

Yeah, I'm in for a harrington. Been debating a T1 for a long time, and I think it would be a great option, but pretty sure the harrington is what I've really been wanting.

7. jsd642

jsd642 Senior member

I'm in for the harrington or navy suede daypack

8. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

+1 for original navy harrington

9. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

A few months ago, GDL recommended a suede Harrington on his tumblr, even though they weren't available at TOJ at the time.

Suede Harrington in stock sizes is the only jacket being considered for Drew's restaurant fundraising. Coincidence?

10. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

how about suede harrington in camel color with cropped body and no elastic waistband?

11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

I can't tell if you're serious or kidding around.

12. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

^ why?

example. Minimal and clean

[​IMG]

Edit : Most people might have too many navy and grey outerwears already. Something in camel would be nice imo.

1 person likes this.
  13. deadbilly

deadbilly Well-Known Member

14. Distorbiant

I wish this wallet was an option

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. Distorbiant

delete

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  16. flahertongs

flahertongs Well-Known Member

Me too dude, I have such a boner for this... that's why I asked about the wallet menu. God it's sexy. Edit: it would be great in black, too. The coin pocket in any wallet is pretty non-functional for me...cards and notes only.

17. mcsmif

mcsmif Well-Known Member

At the risk of upsetting the status quo here, some of these recent posts are silly. You're all clamoring over fundraiser wallets and backpacks while people who placed and paid for orders over 8 months ago (nearly twice the originally suggested lead time) still haven't received their jackets.

How about instead of encouraging your previous patrons to support a new venture, you fulfill obligations to the outstanding customers in a timely manner?

Defend the deal, quality, and small staff size all you want. But ultimately, those are supply side concerns. People paid money upfront for a product they haven't received within the lead time stated at the time of their order. Any potential bargain is mitigated by waiting twice as long for a something. If you can't handle demand, stop taking orders or higher more staff.

I kinda feel like a sucker.

9 people like this.
  18. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Not to defend the wait times or anything, but I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned many times that there are particular people that make the jackets. From my understanding, these people aren't going to drop everything they're doing to make wallets now. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can to continue creating jackets without sacrificing quality.

3 people like this.
  19. Kazragore

Kazragore Member

If you don't like it don't buy it. There are a lot of people here who feel that it's worth the price + wait time. It's a small operation putting out a great product, I'm sure if they wanted to make this company / brand a lot bigger and hire 20 more people they could, but you have to respect the fact that they might want to do something else with their lives (like open a restaurant for example). There's also been no indication that this fundraising (or whatever you want to call it) is going to slow down jacket production at all, you can't just assume that- because you don't know any more than I do about it. They've also been very upfront about everything, it's not like they're trying to scam suckers into giving them money via shady dealings- what you see is what you get

3 people like this.
  20. mcsmif

mcsmif Well-Known Member

I already bought it. That's the point.

I never assumed that whatever fundraiser they're doing is slowing down production; I just think it's gauche to offer a new product when people are still waiting for something they ordered 35 weeks ago.

2 people like this.