1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Its likely he is recommending S2S largely by your height and weight, bc it's been stated before that people are typically not accurate when they measure their shoulders.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Yes but I have really unusually narrow shoulders and skinny arms (I'm trying to lift weights), and I wear a lot of xs/34. I may be wrong but I felt like he based his measurements only on height and weight without really considering the measurements I provided.

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I love that you felt compelled to justify your skinny arms just now.

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Charly saw your scrawny measurements and wants you to work out and get that extra inch on your shoulder in the next 40 weeks.

2 people like this.
  5. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Aha seems to be a reasonnable objective

6. masshi

masshi Senior member

PLEASE trust charly

been following this thread for maybe a year now and have been reading through old posts when I'm bored enough

the cause of every bad fit is always a modification of Charley's suggestions

unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing, just don't even bother

he's sized hundreds of people with all kinds of body types just trust him

2 people like this.
  7. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I agree, his advice was great.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kazragore

Kazragore Member

Where are the best places to look to pick up a toj (other than ordering it directly obviously)? I've mostly been keeping an eye on ebay, grailed, and the b/s threads here and on sufu. Where else to people go when they're trying to get rid of a toj?

9. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

sounds like you've got everywhere covered

10. masshi

masshi Senior member

why not just buy one directly?

what's a nine month wait if you're gonna get years of wear out of it?

11. azif

azif Senior member

Damn... I have a late august and was feeling worried... At least I have 2 months till winter Is TOJ still taking orders?

12. azif

azif Senior member

Damn... I have a late august and was feeling worried... At least I have 2 months till winter Is TOJ still taking orders?

13. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Yes

14. Kazragore

Kazragore Member

I figure if I can get the same exact jacket and not have to wait 30+ weeks to get it then why would I ever not? I'm definitely gonna be picky with it, I'm not about to buy some old beat up toj with measurements that are off, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might come across one that works for me

If I don't see one in the next few weeks I'll probably bite the bullet and put in an order though

Edit: I guess it's also probably pretty relevant that I'm looking for a 0, so the only thing I really have to worry about is body size and then length. If I was going full leather I'd definitely order a fresh one with my personal measurements

15. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

nope.

16. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

@Kazragore Just search the marketplace for TOJ every now and then and check the trading thread. I find that the used TOJ market has dried up a bit lately. Back in 2013 there seemed to be handfuls of jackets placed on the Marketplace every week. Now they trickle in slowly.

17. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

No need to get anxious, I'm still waiting for a 21st June BCDR. Impatient, yes (particularly since the weather is warming up already) but not anxious. :)

18. Newo

Newo Senior member

Probably more people "settling" with jackets they decided they don't like the fit/style of. When the wait is 8+ months it makes it more mentally taxing to decide to throw it up on B&S before ordering a new one.

19. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

You said you requested the arm widths be bumped up...there's gonna be a lot of room there, too much?

FYI, my biceps are 16.25" and the recommendations were 8" - 6.6" - 5.1". I went with all of Charly's original recommendations with the exception of the elbow width..after measuring my forearms (13") he bumped that up a tad to 6.8" for more room.

20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

.... so you were recommended sleeves that were actually smaller than your biceps? You sure that's a good idea? :uhoh:

1 person likes this.