1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. outlawcowboy

outlawcowboy Well-Known Member

I dont think they would ever change much in color. i have a calf whiskey MDR with silver and i kinda wish i had gunmetal instead. i just think the gunmetal looks better with "earth tones".

2. outlawcowboy

outlawcowboy Well-Known Member

it depends on the shop. Ive got one of the best in the country near me. they do all high end clothing and shoes. people send stuff from all over the US and I believe they charge $70 to shorten from the cuff and $140 from the shoulder. some jackets can only be shortened from the shoulder.

3. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Thanks for the feedback.

4. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Officially on week 30. Sigh. So close yet so far.

5. leeba

leeba Senior member

This is a little unorthodox, but hopefully it's okay. I'm going through some financial issues and am trying to "sell" my spot in line (refunds aren't a thing haha, otherwise I'd just get a refund). I ordered a suiting wool MA-1 in size 50 on Jan 1, 2014. You can pretty much change the order to anything you want so what I actually ordered is sort of irrelevant. Would be willing to sell at a slight discount, like $435 ("value" of spot in line/amount paid down is $450). Hopefully I'm doing someone a favor who's on the fence about putting in an order - just PM me and we'll coordinate.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  6. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Hmmm TIL well at least no refundds makes my decision easier.

7. masshi

masshi Senior member

are refunds really not allowed?

i mean if the materials have already been bought (though don't they buy in bulk, anyway?) or if the jacket has already been started on, then sure, but otherwise is it really a no-go?

not that i'd get one

but then again i am a poor college student and if something came up, god forbid...

8. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Senior member

I'm pretty sure refunds are allowed unless they started production the jacket...but I could be wrong

9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I have a dark whiskey calf CM, and I'm really glad I went with silver. The whole jacket just has a little more pop to it.

Side note: I put a couple layers of Lexol on my jacket a while ago but wasn't getting the results I wanted, so a few days ago I hit it with some Obenauf's leather oil. The results were way better. There are still one or two points where it looks a little dry - specifically on the inner portion of the convertible cuffs - but overall it's a huge improvement. I might hit it with one more layer soon and then start making this a semi-regular thing.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Yea, I remember using obenaufs leather oil on the bottle green calf. the jacket just drank it up like it was nothing. really made it more pliable

11. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Got before/after pictures?

12. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Unfortunately no before pictures; the only place I can photograph with natural light has been covered in snow for quite a while. I'll try to take some after pictures at some point.

It didn't darken the leather as far as I can tell, although I don't know whether that would hold true with other colors or with lamb.

13. AKang

AKang Senior member

[​IMG]

Pretty awkward picture but the lamb MDR drapes so nicely. Had a girl cry on it the other night... I was real worried about it..... but she's perfectly fine. Not sure about the girl though.

14 people like this.
  14. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Unless it was like this, you should be OK

[​IMG]

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

really hope you were joking

16. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

I always tend to make an other part water like that, as opposed to her eyes. It's never gotten on my TOJ thankfully.

1 person likes this.
  17. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. AKang

AKang Senior member

Hah yes, was lame joke attempt. But drapes so beautifully after a year and a half.

19. masshi

masshi Senior member

has the silver dulled any?

pics??????? :eek:

20. dsmoove

dsmoove Senior member

have they been shipping out orders lately?