1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TOJfirstimer

TOJfirstimer Well-Known Member

2. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Been looking through the gallery and ahh the baseball looks so awesome for s/s. Would so cop if they were still being made. Its nuts how consistently good all the jackets are IMO. Another one I was admiring recently is the a2 bomber.

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Heh heh heh baseball heh heh heh

I'm ready for ya springtime!

1 person likes this.
  4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Damn, I want that T1.

5. Wade

Wade Senior member

i dont get the point of ppl waiting until the last second, just put the max you're willing to do

6. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

You don't get ebay then.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Yes, going to see what my tailor can do, or I'll give to my old man or a friend.
    I put in $100 when it was at $7 and it only got to $26 with 6 hours to go, with three hours to go it hit $126, then in the last minute I stuck $200 in, and it went to $146, plus $14 shipping.

8. kushburner

kushburner Senior member

is wool MA-1 discontinued?

9. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

1 person likes this.
  10. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

f

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

You paid $160 for a jacket that's 3 sizes too big? So that you'll either have to spend hundreds of dollars in dicey alterations, or give it to someone as a $160 present? :eh:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  12. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Some of us aren't douchebags and have friends we care about.

1 person likes this.
  13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Just seems like a dicey proposition unless you know your giftee's measurements for a custom jacket, but it's of course your money, so enjoy the purchase. I hope it works out for either you or your friend/ father.

14. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

Just flip it on grailed for $300.

1 person likes this.
  15. masshi

masshi Senior member

man, i'm having a heck of a time trying to find out what the medium whiskey calf really looks like since the color seems to vary a lot depending on the picture:

[​IMG]

(second from the left)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then there's these two ^

i like the color there, but i swear the pictures are a little underexposed or the camera's ISO wasn't set correctly or something?

[​IMG]

^ that is the same exact jacket as the above two, but it looks a little more orange? (the first owner's pic; the two pics above it were taken by the second owner)

[​IMG]

^ here's another dude's med. whiskey mdr that looks slightly browner than the other pics

and then here's the pic that made me want to get a med. whiskey calf mdr in the first place (same guy who took the two pics of the jacket on his wooden patio), and it looks a little more vibrant here:

[​IMG]

for those of you who own a jacket in med. whiskey calf, which pic is truest to color?

edit:

also been reading older posts from this thread and the first toj thread

me and drew (or at least the drew of a few years ago) are pretty much the same height and weight

thought that was interesting (maybe i should ask charly to just size my jackets to drew's specs haha; but yeah yeah i know everybody's body measurements are different etc.)

16. masshi

masshi Senior member

also, thought this was interesting regarding lamb vs. calf (from drew himself), since that 5'2 girl seemed really into it:
    also probably cause i'm reading through old posts just for fun at 4 in the morning and am tired but i thought this was funny:

4 people like this.
  17. Joey From 181

Joey From 181 Well-Known Member

Smh they don't know how good they had it lol

18. outlawcowboy

outlawcowboy Well-Known Member

Alright, So I purchased the med whiskey calf in the picture directly above. Im pretty sure its the same jacket as the one the firsy guy (4th pic down) is wearing (based on measurements). Its an amazing color in person and ive never really seen a color like it. Its kinda a shade of its own. anyway, looking at the samples in the first pic, its definitely closest to the color second in from the right. it alomost has a redish tint. im not sure if that second to last pic is even calf.. hope that helps some.

19. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

[​IMG]

My medium whiskey calf, always looked a little red to me

3 people like this.
  20. outlawcowboy

outlawcowboy Well-Known Member

damn, that gunmetal looks a lot better on the whiskey calf than the silver I have on mine.