1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

Thats one aesthetic picure righr derrr

1 person likes this.
  2. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

So we're heading into March and TOJ hasn't "officially" shut down orders? At this rate I may plop for a women's BCDR...

3. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I finally hit my calf CM with some Lexol. It was way overdue, probably not in danger of cracking but looking a little ashy in some spots. It didn't take as long as I thought, and I realized in the process that I can actually just hang it up on the shower curtain rod to hit the whole thing at once instead of having to cut open a garbage bag and lay it flat on the floor.

I gotta do the same with my BCDR soon, although it might need something stronger than Lexol to cover a spot where the zipper chewed up part of the interior placket.

Interesting...I occasionally kick myself for not having ordered a sized-up A-2 so I could layer it over a chunky sweater. Maybe if I order soon it'll ship before next winter, which would be perfect. :laugh:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  4. Sapling

Sapling Member

So did you decide which leather you will be getting, dittochu? Curious because I am in the exact same situation, also 5'2 female. But based on all the pictures and comments I've seen/read, I'm now leaning towards the lamb. I think. Is there any reason why goat doesn't seem to be a popular choice? Wouldn't goat be a good compromise if people often have the lamb vs. calf debate? Thanks all. Sapling

5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

get da lamb

6. dittochu

dittochu Member

I actually chose the calf in the end. went through all 700 or so pictures in the MDR gallery................... (ha) so you can see how horribly indecisive i was

the lamb does drape nicely and have that more feminine fashionable aesthetic, and i know that the calf might be horribly stiff in the beginning but I absolutely hate being careful with my clothing - that's not to say that i'm especially rough on it or anything, but for a jacket this expensive I'd be constantly worrying about too much wear/tear/etc and checking if the sleeves were rubbing against the zippers, etc. even knowing that the lamb is decently durable. that's just the way i am though so if you're not a worrier then it might not be as much of a problem.

also the calf might be a little more structured even after some wear just due to its stiffness which I'm pretty okay with - it'd be a nice contrast to all the other drapey stuff in my wardrobe.
    i've sized it pretty slim so i don't think it'll look too bulky.

i looked into goat as well but there weren't a lot of photos and (as you can probably tell) i like to base my decisions off a LOT of research so that was a no-go for me.

7. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

It's funny. I went through a similar period of indecision before making my choice (toffee tan lambskin MDR in the end). I wanted something I could readily integrate into my wardrobe as a doctoral student in a fairly conservative field at a New England university, yet also something clearly high-end (materials, feel, durability, etc.). Sure, $800 isn't an extravagant amount, but I wanted something that'd last. Ended up with lamb because the priority for me was just how damned soft and luxurious everyone says it is. Is it less hard-wearing than calf? Probably, but my lifestyle won't see it get banged about much, if at all. Didn't go with goat because it's too untested/not too many orders.

Then again, hardly anyone has ever ordered a toffee tan lamb MDR either, apparently!

8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Black lamb is the house special for a reason.

9. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Anyone have a jacket in the current medium whiskey calf?

10. masshi

masshi Senior member

wait, we gotta treat our jackets? I thought we just wore them till death in like tens of years

do you live in an arid climate or something? how long have you had your cm for?

11. Cole

Cole Senior member

did a photo shoot with a friend today

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  12. masshi

masshi Senior member

wait, was there an "old" med. whiskey calf that looked different?

13. masshi

masshi Senior member

calf adds some really nice structure and "roughness" to something like an MDR, e.g: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/in...jawnz-mdr-medium-whiskey-calf-jacket-size-50/ collar and lapels don't stand like that with lamb I mean assuming you like them standing/popping like that there's also the appeal of wearing what's described as "armor" which has always appealed to me

14. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Suede Baseball today.
    [​IMG]

10 people like this.
  15. 5354

5354 Senior member

talk to me about those luxire trousers

1 person likes this.
  16. Oski

Oski Senior member

No hate brodie, but something looks off here. Like if the jacket is wearing you and not the other way around. Fit is spot on though.

17. Tuma

Tuma Senior member

Oski, could you show us your MA-1? I disagree with you on jacket's wearing Cole though. Fit is awesome as you said.

3 people like this.
  18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

That facial expression makes you look like an excuse for yourself.

1 person likes this.
  19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Couple of years, I guess? IDK, there were a couple of spots where it was starting to look a little dry, maybe I got an older batch or something. I'm in Philly, so my apartment is horrifically dry all winter but the entire city turns into a fetid swamp during the summer.

20. Cole

Cole Senior member

really don't follow either of these posts. Care to expand?