• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
size test. "is it in yet?"

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
Drew, is it too early to talk about price range? Just interested, especially after you've mentioned it's "leather on leather." I'm curious how much I might have to save over the next couple months. Also, since there is one size, will you be able to produce more of these quickly? Therefore have a smaller turnaround time?

Also, maybe a sacrireligious comment, but how much can that hook hold? Could you hang the bag off of something, maybe off a bike rack? OR is it more for hanging something off the bag? (I understand why the hook is there historically)

Last edited:

filip001

Reaction score
It's true that most people out of school don't carry a backpack, and really shouldn't. But there is one exception, at least for me, and that's on my bike. A black leather backpack could look pretty cool on a motorcycle. Most motorcycle gear looks like ****, it would really stand out. I was considering the makr round backpack which seems to have nice materials, but it's canvas and looks pretty standard.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking of a duffel style weekender when Drew discussed bringing back bags a while ago. I was thinking more along the lines of this (which happens to be Guidi's medium sized version). Something large enough for short trips, but small enough for daily use. The helmet bag looks like it would fulfill the same requirements. I don't ride a bike or a motorcycle and as I mentioned earlier, shoulder straps don't always play nice with MC clothes.

Last edited:

buran

Reaction score
Maybe I've always been a one-backpack type of guy but I don't get suede backpacks. Maybe the climate I live in just isn't right for it. Do want sand-tan daypack though and helmet bag looks nice.

ps ma-1 get on my back now.
pps don't delay shipping a week because I said I wanted it.

bertie

Reaction score
Here is the style I had in mind earlier: Could be all leather or mixed materials (e.g. leather lower half). Could add one adjustable shoulder strap. May add a flap over the top for more secure closure. Line it with Alcantara

bertie

Reaction score
No of course not. Not like that at all. They are totally different. Okay maybe. But no ropes.

And alcantara lined of course

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No of course not. Not like that at all. They are totally different. Okay maybe. But no ropes.

And alcantara lined of course

stop already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads