1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. masshi

masshi Senior member

thanks

so like i mentioned in another post, it's basically an in-between, yeah? and this is in addition to goat's pebbled texture (as far as what differentiates goat from the other leathers)?

is there anything else that makes goat different/warrants consideration of goat?

great to know, the reassurance really helps

-

and sorry for making so many posts in such a short time, guys

i'm just trying to make sure of what i want to order on impulse (only way i'll allow myself to get a toj; will worry about financial consequences later :eek:) and want to make sure that i've considered all of the leather options

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Concerning shoulders, mine are about 16.5" and I've gone 16.8", same as my TOJ0.

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

no correlation really. those stretch (so, i guess, bigger is your answer, unless your tees or hoodies have big shoulders.) work from an unstretchy jacket/coat

4. Gnetti

Gnetti New Member

Hey guys new to the forum, but I am in the process of ordering a Blacked out BCDR in Black lamb, but do you know if TOJ allows for me to use the cuffs from the 2010DR instead of the BCDR?

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What did Charly say when you emailed him?

1 person likes this.
  6. masshi

masshi Senior member

nope sorry

anyway my request for the 3/4ths placket was denied :(

dumb questions:

- I'm 5'8, ~125 lbs. - going by ht&wt alone would a stock 46 be good? not going for a super slim fit, want to be able to layer, and want to accommodate for at the most ~10 lbs. of weight gain

- are the body measurements toj wants traditional measurements, or would I have to bring my phone to show whoever measures me how to do it? really stupid question I know but I've never had measurements taken for clothing before

- really stupid, but would removing the half-placket be a messy job (for somebody else to do, not me) assuming I don't like it? it's starting to grow on me, but at the same time idk

- went for no name tag - is it pretty much a love it or hate it thing, or is there something i'm just not seeing about it?

:embar:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  7. hmtwrk

hmtwrk Senior member

i'm 5'10" 125 and stock 46 works really well for me (it's really forgiving). i wouldn't ditch the half-placket and name tag. you might be on the fence about it now but you won't be regretting it once you get it. on the other hand, taking the signature pieces out of a jacket that will make you standout everywhere you go, THAT you might regret. the details are really that good, don't overthink it and just trust.

8. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

It's SO COLD in Atlanta, just kidding, it's 40 degrees and drizzling

[​IMG][​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

[​IMG]

Super slept on harrington still going strong :nodding: Suede is so soft.

13 people like this.
  10. fallenwest

fallenwest Senior member

damn, super jealous of both of you

11. aphelan

aphelan Senior member

Excella zips on my black 4zip lamb moto...yea or nea? I have about a week or so to decide.

12. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

if you have the money and have already considered it, why not

13. outlawcowboy

outlawcowboy Well-Known Member

here we go. i'm still new to this and not much of an online guy, so excuse me. what the is the excella zip? i've noticed in photos there are two types of zippers. one looks like a delicate ball and chain, while the other is a "solid" zipper. my order was placed less than a month ago and i've since realized i need to make an alteration, after feedback from the forum. im bent on having to bother charly at all after getting an order in this late in the game, so i'm trying to figure out any and all alterations that need to be made. im actually trying to purchase a MDR as close to my size i can find, just so i can make the appropriate adjustment.

14. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Excella is a line of luxury YKK zippers. They zip smoothly, have individually polished teeth, and have a more delicate feel than the heavy Made in Japan YKK zippers that TOJ traditionally uses.

The normal zips are great quality though. Very rugged with an industrial feel to them.

All of the current jackets come with the spherical pull tabs for the pocket zippers.

15. masshi

masshi Senior member

Can't believe I'm making a complete 180 and am now considering another ToJ in addition to my bomber. It'll mean no PS4 or going out money for a long time. :(

Anyway, considering a calf MDR, but can't decide between medium whiskey or oxblood. The former would look better with jeans and t-shirt and would be a more dramatically different color from my brown lamb bomber, but at the same time the oxblood is so pretty... :inlove:

16. masshi

masshi Senior member

do the excellas have a different shape to them, or is it just a matter of polish?

17. Distorbiant

18. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

PS4 will be around for years and will get cheaper, but ToJ will be be gone soon...

19. Distorbiant

Why would you buy a PS4 right now.

Shit ain't got no games.

20. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

UGH I'm about to do the same damn thing.