1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Aske

Aske Well-Known Member

Have had my Toj0 for about 3 months now and am just now starting to wear it nicely and actually do it justice. Felt like I needed to include an updated picture to sorta make up for the ones I submitted on the day I got it. Leather is still soft and buttery as ever and I couldn't be happier, basically been wearing it every other day in the cooler weather. If you're still on the fence, maybe this will help, I've enjoyed it every day I've had it.

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  2. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Navy/Black Represent!

TOJ x Birthday
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    5 people like this.
  3. masshi

masshi Senior member

man when I saw that the thread blew up to 50+ unread replies I thought that an important announcement had been made or something

... why does it not surprise me that a male fashion forum is so full of divas

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Why don't you tell us?

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

This so much. Been scouring Seoul for good leather alternatives to ToJ. So many ugly jackets with oily and wrinkly surface :uhoh: The only jacket that had the quality comparable to ToJ (guy also told me they use top of the line NZ and Spanish sheepskin) was a trucker jacket with mandarin collar. I mean, why?????

6. ktown

ktown Senior member

I ordered 11/12/13 and I've only stopped by this thread twice since then, but reading the last few pages, it seems that people who ordered in July are barely getting their orders now. That is a really long wait.

When I ordered, Charly said lead times were 16-20 weeks. I'm hoping that the wait times are longer than that right now b/c of the announcement of the impending closure. Late last year, he did say that orders slowed down and I'm hoping he can keep to the 16-20 weeks lead time that he told me.

I'm just throwing my thoughts out there. Keep the pics coming!

7. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

true dat. i'm a car sales-man myself lol. we refer to people like me as a "lay-down". i can't bring myself to act like the people i deal with day to day.

all bashing aside. we're all here for the same purpose. i realize that not everybody feels the same as i do about the way TOJ handles customer service related-ish.

i guess my fondness is from the years i've spent on this forum watching drew's visions grow. i thought he would go out with more of a bang, but i know TOJ isn't the last that we will see of him.

i understand the eagerness, but there's a difference between that and straight up impatientness. i remember placing orders and getting them within a month or so. i guess the drastic waiting times can be pretty frustrating if you weren't initially and totally prepared from them.

8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

crossposting this because its awesome.

Further proof that the dr2010 is the one jacket to rule them all.

I might have to get me an assortment of collars for mine once it gets here (in 2015)

8 people like this.
  9. Wade

Wade Senior member

no1curr

2 people like this.
  10. ricesuit

ricesuit Senior member

bless all who posted fit pics today

ordered july 14 for my 4z black calf mdr and to stave off the wait i've bought a black 46 suiting wool ma-1 off the marketplace. currently being shipped to me-- i'll contribute pics when i get it hopefully within the week.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  11. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Watching Battlestar Galactica is making me appreciate the flappy lapels on the BCDR a lot more.

12. killjoy32

killjoy32 Active Member

I ordered an A-2. I submitted my measurements, Charly made adjustments, I made a few more, and that was it. Paid / ordered on June 14 and never submitted a change after that date.

13. killjoy32

killjoy32 Active Member

I don't mind the wait. I only mind being given inaccurate ship dates. Would have been fine if I was initially told no decent estimate could be given. It's about managing expectations.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

You've said the same thing over again like five times now

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

GAHHHHHH someone close this thread

16. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Moderated approval for posts would benefit this thread greatly.

1 person likes this.
  17. dgtl-rn

dgtl-rn Well-Known Member

honestly go outside an stop stressin about when ur jacket is gna arrive, it will trn up jus stop bitchin, no one cares an u knew what u were buyin into stop shitposting the thread. Need more fit pics in here.

About to pull the trigger on a leather MA-1, can any1 who owns/handles premium designer leathers like SLP/RO compare quality to toj? not sure what to expect .

18. Oski

Oski Senior member

My calf DR 2010 is substantially heavier and smoother than the SLP, I was just at the store this Friday and compared.
    ToJ calf is also better than RO's from what I handled, as well as the Givenchy Quilted DR from this past season.
    Although the supple-ness and smoothness of my calf might be due to the fact that I've treated it horribly and lived in that bad boy hard.
    Pretty much ToJ is end all be all for leather jackets imo, period.
    ToJ lamb is also out of this world and I handle designer leathers often.

With that said, cant wait for my quilted BCDR and wool MA-1 to come :slayer:

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Most Rick leather has been pretty disappointing. There are still some nice ones, but you really have to go take a look. Balmain and Givenchy leathers in general tend to be worse than SLP/DH IMO.

20. Max_Yeah_True

Max_Yeah_True Senior member

pulled the trigger on a toj0 black/black

3 people like this.