1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

so whats wrong with the bell sleeve?

2. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Nothing's wrong with it, aesthetically, some people just don't like it.

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Fair enough! I don't really feel the jacket sleeves should be zipped up, typically.

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Right, have the option to unzip and create the bell effect is fine and I do that sometimes, but only have the option of a bell sleeve and an even bigger bell sleeve is silly

2 people like this.
  5. sanshiki

sanshiki New Member

Hi guys, i was wondering. I got caught in the rain for a bit with my TOJ MA-1 suiting wool. It kinda lost it's puffiness, probably due to the cotton inside getting wet and shrinking. Anything i can do to make it puffy again? I've just been opening the windows and letting it air out for now.

6. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Probably just hang dry then manually puff it up a bit.

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I think if the bell shape is happening when the cuff is fully zipped, there is something wrong with the measurement.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I wear the jacket both ways, but mostly mine are zipped. Never had an issue with the bell effect but my moto jacket before had the bell effect as well so I am used to it.

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I have the ma-1 as well and it doesn't absorb that much, maybe try and use a blow dryer from a small distance

10. bertie

bertie Senior member

Would not suggest applying heat to the jacket - just let air dry antil all the moisture is out. Wool suit fabric can distort under direct heat. Also - if there is any staining from the water heat could set it further.

11. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

So, I don't know if this would be a faux pas to ask ITT, but what's the replacement for TOJ now that it's over? I really want to get a properly fitting jacket and that's pretty much the most I would be able to pay, TOJ prices.

Keep in mind, I would have ordered something or would still try to sneak an order in, but I'm going to weigh ~50 fewer pounds by the time it would show up...

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Start losing weight.

fast

You have six months.

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Or buy the wrong size RO (to the smaller side) at full price, that may motivate quick weight loss :lol:

1 person likes this.
  14. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

T
    Oh damn, are they really going to keep going that long?

15. longwalker

longwalker Senior member

I am not sure if this was clearly answered before, but as a newbie to TOJ , I am eager to know why it close though it seems , at least here, it's highly sought after and produces some well made garments.
    it simply goes out of the market for financial problem or transforms to other names...?

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Drew would rather focus on building his restaurant empire. He's said before he had two dreams: clothes and food. He has an opportunity to pursue food now and he's already scratched the fashion itch some. He'll probably do some sort of clothes again in the future, but definitely not MTM. He also does not want to leave ToJ running as is without his active direction.

The 6 months comment means ordering your desired size and forcing yourself to lose weight in the 6 months or so it might take for your jacket to get made.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  17. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that's not the problem, the problem would be getting accurate measurements so it would actually fit me correctly after losing weight...but since I don't know what my measurements are when I'm skinny, that's not really an option. :/

18. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

You can pay for a jacket now and send your measurements later you know.

19. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

Oh god, are you serious?

Fuuuuuuuck, I hope I didn't miss the boat for that reason.

20. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

[​IMG]

Drew's. I don't use mine as much to look that nice.

1 person likes this.