1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. djan

djan Well-Known Member

The calf is good. It's a bit like good denim. [​IMG] It will become better and better each day.

2. dibango

dibango Senior member

Is nobody gonna mention the shirt?
    Good fit regardless.

3. jaac

jaac Senior member

that shirt is sweet, i thought it was evan at first.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Got my minimalist DR. Fit is great, leather thickness varies noticeably from top of arm to underneath. Black dye is coming off on my fingertips. Will a rinse help with that?
    What did you get? I'm curious to know why the black dye is coming off and leather thickness varies.

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

[​IMG]

lol

seriously was awake in bed for like an hour last night thinking about this thing [​IMG]

6. zaff

zaff Well-Known Member

What did you get? I'm curious to know why the black dye is coming off and leather thickness varies.

Lamb. When I handle the jacket I end up with dye on my fingertips, almost like reading a newspaper. The leather is remarkably thick on the outside panel of the sleeve, while the underside feels almost half as thick in a pinch test. I realize it's animal skin and isn't perfect. Didn't expect perfect. I don't know, maybe I'm just a noob at this leather jacket game.

7. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

My bcdr is thin everywhere but especially the back of the arms/elbows. Different texture too.

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

[​IMG] LET'S DO THIS (i realize this shop is just terrible) i realize that you said something about not being able to do snake lapel, any possibility of a snake inset panel on the lapel like this: http://img337.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/u...yjeay82907.jpg would sure be nice ;__;

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Interesting you chose minimalist DR as a base. I would've thought one of the more out-there models. Also wouldn't you want leather pulls on all the zips? I'm just trying to think like Uncontrol here.

10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I like the minimalist cut the most, there's something more "aggressive" about the shape to me. As for the leather pulls, well, I think four is enough [​IMG] Though I'd be fine either way, haha!

11. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

unlike other responses of "that's cool but I wouldn't wear that myself", I would totally wear something like that if I was uncontrol's size

12. zaff

zaff Well-Known Member

<concerns>

The Temple has spoken. Concerns eased. Everything is as it should be.

13. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

I would totally wear that minus snakeskin. Laced cuff option would be sweet.

14. halisray

halisray Senior member

The calf is good. It's a bit like good denim. [​IMG] It will become better and better each day.

Yeah thats why I love my calf bomber. I can see the changes month by month. Really starting to fit nice and be a bit more flexible. Love it.[​IMG] toj

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

That.... is heavy dude. I still gotta enquire about snake pricing. If I got snake, there'd be tons of it because the pieces are big, but like I said, a snake is thin so you can't pave things in it, just little detailing and stuff mainly. The zip surrounds, for sure. The lapels, I don't know, because those go all the way inside too and might be slightly wide, so it'd also be tons of snake wasted that you can't see.
    There is actually no special detail along the main zipper like that, but it could be added in for the Uncontrol Rider.
    I could do tassels everywhere but that might a bit over. I don't know. I think tassels on the wrists and main and maybe some metal beadwork I have in mind might be enough. Hardware would all be gunmetal because that's what I've got.

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Well maybe we could do a panel on the lapel? I wouldn't want to waste any. I agree with you on the tassels, they'll lose their impact if we put them everywhere. Was hoping for silver hardware, but I'll live with gunmetal.

Curious about the beadwork!

Anyway, do you want me to send a &quot;deposit&quot; or anything like that so you know I'm not jerking you around?

17. Lane

Lane Senior member

im a little late on the action, but this shit is funny if it goes down.

18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

im a little late on the action, but this shit is funny if it goes down.

it's going down as long as drew isn't thinking now, "what have i gotten myself into?"

given up searching for my "grail", this is it now.

19. G0079

G0079 Senior member

This is like...concept car design. Let's see what ToJ is capable of! [​IMG]

20. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

I'd mail unc the leather carcass of a python with a blistered toj waistband and a note that says &quot;have fun&quot;.