1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

1. I haven't seen a BCDR in awhile, both of mine are BCDR. One suede, one lamb, and the last is another varsity.

2.. Yea I know it's oxblood, I commented on the whisky as all my jackets are dark colour.

3. Exactly fallen, I think with the hardware and the aggressive styling you need that structure to emphasize the epaulets, the belt, the snaps, etc.

2. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

Think I saw mid June oxblood BCDR and quilted BCDR last month. Mine hits 21st week tmr.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  3. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

it is about a 4 minute walk from Han Gang Jin station. Behind the Volkswagen dealership. Get the BBQ burger.

4. leeba

leeba Senior member

Just realized how dope excella zippers are for a more luxe vibe...not for everyone but for me I think it'll be great since I only really wear my ToJ when I wanna look extra nice haha. Time to re-order a bigger MA-1 I guess

1 person likes this.
  5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Also order something besides burgers (which look quite good)! Drew gets sad when the other dishes he puts so much thought into get neglected.

6. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

The spicy chicken tenders are also delicious but the BBQ burger is my favorite.

7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Changed my jacket orders for the last time...

Thanks Charly...

8. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

What's so special about excella? People can't tell the difference unless actually handle it. Everyone here confirmed YKK zippers work more than fine.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

You will be handling your jacket everytime you wear it? Doesn't mean there's something wrong with the standard option.

10. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Just curious; what's your reasoning for this? Also when you say DRs I assume you include minimalist DRs in as well?

Edit: Distorbiant what'd you finally go with?

11. Distorbiant

Excella:
    http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=21719&g2_serialNumber=1
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/d9e64759a5cbf6192da32097956ae141/tumblr_mqqvrjUPri1rk0hu3o1_1280.jpg

Normal
    http://cdn.styleforum.net/6/69/6974abac_main.jpeg
    http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=19254&g2_serialNumber=2
    Black Calf DR 2010 and Black Lamb DR 2013 w/ Excella

It was one of the hardest decisions of my life. Even joining the military, choosing a college, etc, was an easier decision than picking these two TOJ jackets. I think having so many options and so much time to change them challenges one psychologically. In the end I decided that I should stick with the recipe that made TOJ so great in the first place, top quality leather on fantastic jacket designs.

Of course I had to go with TOJ's best jacket, the DR 2010. [​IMG] Is there honestly any other jacket on the gallery that has so many genuinely great fit pics?

12. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

yes, they're different but IMO hardly noticeable unless you were really looking for it.

I have RIRI zips on a couple outwear pieces and they're smoother to the touch, shiny, and operate smoothly...but likely only people that have experience with RIRI or Excella zips would ever notice.

13. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

I have Riri zips on a W+H hoodie and holy shit, they are noticeably better in terms of smoothness and appearance than other zippers I've had to use.

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

There are different levels of YKK and RiRi zippers. Can we stop with zipper talk please.

3 people like this.
  15. ErinGoBro

ErinGoBro Member

Poor Charley is going to have to deal with so many new zipper requests..

1 person likes this.
  16. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Yeah, that statement also includes the MDR and QDR.

I just think that the way that the calf drapes, while still holding it's shape seems to work better for a DR style jacket in comparison to the lamb. It caters more to what I'm looking for in that type of jacket, and it breaks in in a really nice way, particularly in the sleeves. The important part here is that it's my preference, I'm not saying the calf is always the better choice, but that it's the better choice for me.

17. spicycho

spicycho Senior member

Odd. I would have definitely gone for black lamb 2010 (oh wait I did) and calf 2013. Then again I wouldn't order two dr's if they were going to be my only two. Second would be a cwu or suede t1

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  18. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

So Drew's restaurant specializes in American bar food?

1 person likes this.
  19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

No, but unfortunately people beast that stuff. Order the other stuff please. It's the equivalent of beasting toj varsities or anniversary models.

20. Distorbiant

I do think the DR 2010 looks fantastic in lamb as well.

I really love the way silver zippers look against the lamb and it was definitely something I wanted in my order. However, I didn't feel that silver zips on the DR 2010 looked quite 'right' with the cinch buckles being gunmetal. I also really liked the industrial, heavy duty feel of the regular zips against the tough calf.

On top of that, I felt like the classic Perfecto style in calf/cowhide is something I can purchase from many different brands. It's not every day you get one in premium lambskin with silver excella zippers. The lamb also gives it more of a fashion jacket vibe than a tough biker jacket vibe.

That's just my reasoning. If I had to get one jacket it would probably be a lamb DR 2010.

I hope someone jumps on a Tan or Toffee Tan DR 2013 with silver zips. That jacket will be nice as hell. Or a mid whiskey suede, phew I'm sweating just thinking about it. It would be boring if we all got black dr 2013s lol.

2 people like this.