1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Cole

Cole Senior member

friday marks 27 weeks for me! was hoping I'd get to spend my 18th birthday in my 2010dr but chances look slim. toj1 as a substitute still going strong

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Poor cole.

I haven't seen any new DR 2010s lately.

3. Cole

Cole Senior member

white kids be struggling these days. and I'll change that!... soon...ish...

hopefully

4. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Can't wait for my MinDR and MA1. Blergh.

5. Kerrick

Kerrick Well-Known Member

At this rate, maybe march I'l have a photo to post of one.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  6. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

It..it's here.

Quick and dirty reaction and pics: it's awesome. I put on 5lbs over the holidays so is a bit tight but once I drop back down to normal it'll be fine. Thanks TOJ/JC!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13 people like this.
  7. karanimal

karanimal Well-Known Member

Its unfortunate that TOJ is closing, i will finally have the funds to buy a jacket in the next month or so.
    It seems like the only option for me will be to find a used model but it seems like most jackets are in smaller sizes and it would be hard to find something to fit 6'2 215lbs

8. einstine

einstine Senior member

^doesnt look tight, looks perfect! Ill regret not copping the cwu, but hell im sure there will be one on b&s sooner or later.

9. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

You never know dude.

10. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

im about the same size and if you take good measurements and ask nicely, charly will take care of you.

11. cutemelon

cutemelon Senior member

put in an order for a toj0 a week ago and decided to put in an order for a wool ma-1 yesterday

lead time 6 months haha

12. Distorbiant

I'm still not convinced on that half placket :/

13. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I wish the 3/4 had been an option.

Also, I did get toted. Forgot to mention that in the initial flurry of excitement.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  14. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Yeah, I don't like it either so got my A-2 without it.

15. Distorbiant

I'm getting a CWU-45p so it's a hard call. The 3/4th placket did throw off half-zipped jackets but the 1/2 placket almost looks pitiful in how small it is. At the same time I can't bring myself to get rid of it, lol.

I wish the full placket was available. It's kind of like a part of the CWU's DNA.

16. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Full placket ma1 ftw

2 people like this.
  17. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

For those new to the thread that don't get why Drew designed his jackets the way he did, at least recognize that he's a couple of years ahead of everyone else in design and only pulling further away (that fucker is a voracious reader of books). Other companies are scrambling to play catch-up with him. The half-placket, if you don't get it already, is something you'll understand 2-3 years down the line.

To those on the fence about the CWU, cop it now with the collar. The black DR/CWU and brown A2 are the most iconic TOJ pieces that everyone should at least have at least one of.

I've been reading some sentiment that Drew keeps threatening the community about closing TOJ / JC to boost sales. He's said it before, that his life's mission is to bring food and steeze to the masses. He's working hard on the food part, but just too nice to stop swagging out the people who are always saying "fuck, i'd have enough money by next month if only". We need him more than he needs us.

/fanboy

sick A2 fit btw

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    8 people like this.
  18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

People sumbit measurements rounded to the tenth of an inch. These must be the emails that fuel Charly to deadlift obscene amounts of weight.

19. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

LOL, I was concerned that my measurements were too approximate as I only used full or half inches. The numbers that came back from Charly did come back with those tenth of an inch measurements for my arm, elbow, cuff though.

20. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

He's just pre-empting the emails you'll send in a couple months when you think you need 0.02 inches more in the shoulders!