1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

I received an email today saying that they still are taking orders

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. coldknife

coldknife Senior member

Maybe they'll literally end on the 31st

3. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

TOJ0 AE

this varsity is probably my favorite TOJ. until my BCDR gets here at least.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  4. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

Just put in a order for a black lamb 13' DR and part of me still is considering changing it to calf...hmm

5. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

6. swooc

swooc Senior member

when in doubt, just look at fungz0r's dr. the aging on that lamb is super nice.

7. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

I ordered a qdr not too long ago and was also deciding between lamb and calf. I'd pick one and say oh but I want the other! But I finally decided to get lamb and stick with it no matter what and here's why. I want to be able to wear my coat casually and not have it be a big deal. Like just thrown it on and go out. That'd be done easier with lamb and the way it drapes better right from the start IMO. Having calf and the armerz sounds so cool but I don't need that toughness even though its awesomee. The lamb will be enough and better suited for what I'm going for I guess. It'll also hold up really well. Also I realized I don't want to go through the process of breaking in the calf lol. The "buttery soft" lamb is also like a staple of TOJ you know like I had to pick that. Annnd I think I read somewhere that drew likes lamb better haha and quilting would be tough with calf but that doesn't apply to the 2013 DR. If I were going to a second leather from TOJ at some point I'd definitely try calf sometime but to start and end with lamb was the way to go for me. Hope this helps because it was a tough decision for me haha and I put some thought into it. I'm not trying g to tell you what to pick but instead offer insight as to why you'd pick one over the other.

1 person likes this.
  8. leeba

leeba Senior member

Does the poofiness of the MA-1 settle down over time?

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i think the poofiness is kind of...the point.

3 people like this.
  10. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

I think the 2013 DR looks better in calf and a MDR looks better in lamb. There's a lot of styling elements on the 2013 DR that I think looks better with a tougher letter, versus the draping effect the lamb would cause on those elements. For example, the lapels and the belt looks better with structure from the calf than having it drape.

2 people like this.
  11. skywalker

skywalker Senior member

I thought there's only a 2010 DR?

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

They mean the new Double Rider by DR 2013. The perfecto-style one with a belt, epaulets, flap pocket, etc.

There are currently 5 primarily DR models, 3 DR alternate makeups (MDR 4-zip, BCDR quilt variants) and 3 DR secret menu items.

RIP AMDR [​IMG]

13. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

Has anyone from July received tracking for theirs yet?

14. TOJfirstimer

TOJfirstimer Well-Known Member

Not I. Ordered mid July

15. raags

raags Senior member

July 10 TOJ0, no tracking

16. MauriSSio

MauriSSio Senior member

I wish I had the option to pay a couple hundred bucks to cut the wait down exponentially.

17. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

me too. 26 weeks today. for those of your ordering now, can't wait to see your fit pics in 2015!

3 people like this.
  18. einstine

einstine Senior member

Out of curiosity do you actually think Drew would take say $50-$100 to cut out per/ week? Im sure some people have thrown him a similar offer.

19. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

No but I can't for the life of me figure out how it takes over 6 months to make a jacket. That's roughly how long it takes to build a fucking Rolls Royce...

1 person likes this.
  20. einstine

einstine Senior member

^Im sure he is very busy, isnt he opening a restaurant? or something like that. The guy from collateral concepts wait time is 3 weeks.