1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Yeah I saw that post too. Well, I don't know. I specifically asked Charly if a darker option to "bright whiskey" in lamb was available, and he suggested I go for toffee tan. If, when ordering tonight, I'm told that's not possible, I guess I'll just go for standard brown lamb. Too bad there isn't a darker whiskey available, so I really hope toffee tan in lamb *is* possible.

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Toffee tan is beautiful tho. Makes people want to eat the you.

3. Cole

Cole Senior member

it is when you live in Arkansas

4. fallenwest

fallenwest Senior member

Oh! I used to live in Rowayton, Norwalk!

-30 C is too cold for leathers, but I think I could get away with them down to -12 C. just wish I was wrapped up in a fishtail right now :(

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  5. einstine

einstine Senior member

Can't wait to move there in 6 months need to get out of PA!

6. Cole

Cole Senior member

another SF'er in arkansas?? I'll be damned. where are you moving to? I'm in Hot Springs. small but beautiful

7. Wade

Wade Senior member

Can't wait to move to Arkansas out of all places?
    Lmao

4 people like this.
  8. NonChalant321

NonChalant321 Senior member

Hey guys - looking for some advice. The right shoulder gusset of my lamb ma-1 isn't folded in when I put it on. It's kind of stretched out and comes out of the gusset looking a bit sloppy. Think it got stretched when a buddy with bigger shoulders tried it on. Any ideas on how to mold it back so it stays folded in?

9. leipergrey

leipergrey Well-Known Member

^ If I get what you're saying right then I have a similar problem with my A-2.

Charly said I should take it to a tailor and get the stretch nylon that holds the arms in place in respect with the gussets shortened a bit.

I'm just guessing the A-2 & A-1 are similarly constructed. Your best bet would be e-mailing Charly.

I haven't fixed mine because in my case it's a really minor thing and there are no tailors in my small town.

10. einstine

einstine Senior member

Bentonville

11. einstine

einstine Senior member

Yep, its really nice there I think. I will be finishing school there, have a good job while in school and be making a lot of money once right after I graduate. Thats something you do not pass up in this time.

12. einstine

einstine Senior member

Bentonville

13. Cole

Cole Senior member

nice. you'll be about 45 minutes away from me. I'm moving to Fayetteville for college next fall though. anyways, off topic. almost 24 weeks in on my 2010 dr. anyone got tracking for a dr recently?

14. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Today I thought I saw someone wearing a full leather ma-1 at school. When I walked past I looked again to make sure it had the arm zip and it did! I'm not sure if it was a TOJ or not but if it was I have to say that the leather looked amazing!!

15. superego

superego Senior member

just how fitted is the toj0 supposed to be?

bought an apc wool/leather varsity (a la toj0) in size L and it's very slim.

pulled it out of the box and figured they must have sent the wrong size given how small it looked. got it on, and was like a second skin. pretty limited range of motion, but 'fit' with arms at my side--sleeves creep up my arms if I extend my arms otherwise. base of the jacket falls just above my jeans in front, and a bit over top in the back--low rise, for ref.

my gut instinct was that it was too small, but tried it on tonight and wondering if that's actually the case. pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Didn't you post elsewhere that you're a 44-45" chest? Why would you believe that that's a large? But yes, definitely looks too small. Really belongs in APC thread though.

17. superego

superego Senior member

yeah, take a large in most other stuff and they only had the L left in stock

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Are you measuring inhaled or something? I just don't see how a 44 is ever a large in any reasonably sized brand.

19. superego

superego Senior member

obviously subjective, but tend to lean toward more fitted than more loose up top since I've got an 8-10" drop

20. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

wrong thread and too small

4 people like this.