1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. artishard116

artishard116 Distinguished Member

2. artishard116

artishard116 Distinguished Member

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Stylish Dinosaur

Use the report button and ignore.

4. aphelan

aphelan Senior Member

Olive Fishtail arrived at work today (ordered 10/26) and this thing is absolutely incredible. I'm 6'0, slightly over 200lbs and the medium is exactly the fit I was looking for. I will post fit pics when I get home.

5. Newo

Newo Senior Member

6"2 180 ish should make this Large interesting then :embar:

6. Leather

Leather Senior Member

Hmm whisky 4-zip moto or black lamb MA-1 ...

7. aphelan

aphelan Senior Member

It really depends on the type of fit you're looking for and if you're trying to leave room for a lot of layering. I'm looking for more of a slim/trim look and since the Fishtail is more of a boxy cut i decided to size down. I'll post some fit-pics tonight so you can see for yourself.

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

How tall are you, Reedo?

TOJ 48 should translate to a very slim 48 or even a 46 right? IIRC you're not a short dude and a 46 is pretty damn small.
    You seem to care about being in shape (low bodyfat, big drop,etc), but it seems like you've got a problem maintaining it as you often talk about you starting to grow out of your stuff. If you're one of those cardio guys that don't eat anything cause you're afraid of getting fat, you're doing it wrong.

Hit the heavy weights, get some basic strength and muscle to bump up your metabolism, and then drop all of that fat with a clean and calculated cut. No, you won't get "bulky". You'll most likely look better, get better posture, and most importantly, it'll be a lot easier to stay lean since your body needs more calories to maintain. You'll be bumped up a size, but then your sleeves won't be too short.

TLDR: work out smarter, accept you'll be a size bigger, eat and be happy.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013

9. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

Yea, I really need to look into proper fitness/nutrition regiments, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. The excessive drinking and wonton consumption of fatty foods lately has not helped :embar:

10. Gauss17

Gauss17 Distinguished Member

Pretty sure Nil is 6' 4" and 205 lbs (ish) and a size large peacoat fit him. So a large duffle ought to fit you.

Conceptionist is correct in his statements, but I am not sure I agree with his initial advice. You probably have the muscle there, you just can't see it due to your % bf. You might try something like p90x as a cutting program. Essentially you want to workout, but with a bit of a caloric deficit. However, if you do want to get big/muscular, then follow what he says.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013

11. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior Member

the additional time is intentional...they are lying to you about the initial quote time

building mystique...that's their marketing technique

12. rennavate

rennavate Distinguished Member

So should I be worried about the 52 TOJ1 2011 I ordered fitting me, 6'0 180lbs, 40" chest, 18.5ish" shoulders, 34" waist? From the measurements I should be perfect....

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Distinguished Member

Don't worry, you should be fine. I'm 6'1" 170 lbs with 41" chest 18" shoulders, 31" waist and I have a size 50. It fits pretty snug in the shoulders.

14. Timbaland

Timbaland Distinguished Member

Ribkin, are you pulling the peacoat forward in the 1st pic or is it that small? You shouldn't be seeing any of your shirt from the back view.

15. Newo

Newo Senior Member

His hands are in his pocket so he's pulling it forward.