TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

TOJ makes leather suits too? Does it come in burgundy calf? Should i get a collar or lapels on my leather suit? Are the ball gags detachable? Cheers!

2. captainfalcon

captainfalcon Senior member

What is the size chart for the ma-1?

3. yipjam

yipjam Senior member

4. emilo

emilo Senior member

FIFY

It would be convinient, if Charly started telling people what waiting time they could expect when ordering. People not following this thread probably don't expect the kind of lead times TOJ has had since the relaunch. Just a thought :smarmy:

5. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior member

I just ask everytime I place an order -- he gives that info right away. Fishtail parka, beginning of January -- 10 weeks.

6. Newo

Newo Senior member

I think he might be asking for a more realistic figure. My 7-10 week Moto and 8 week Fishtail are at 12 and 10 respectively. I don't particularly mind because I look forward to the finished product but I can see how you could get impatient if you really expected it within that frame.

7. emilo

emilo Senior member

Basically, yeah.

It doesn't make much sense to state 8 weeks, when the actual lead time turn out to be 16 weeks etc. It would be smart in, a customer service kind of way, to simply state the highest expected lead time when someone puts in an order. People would be much happier getting their jackets earlier than expected than having to wait for them longer than told. Especially now that TOJ is going JC, and the customer base expands beyond SF and SUFU.

I don't mind the longer waits myself. But I can imgaine people who don't "know" the people behind they scences can become a bit anxious. For example: I recently put in an order with an overseas furniture company. They quoted me a lead time of 3-4 weeks. Because I have never dealt with these people before, I think I would be quite anxious if I hadn't seen my furniture or heard anything from then 8 weeks down the road.

8. bhajz

bhajz Well-Known Member

What colors will the suiting wool Ma-1 be made in? (other than black and navy)

9. Newo

Newo Senior member

Hopefully the transition to JC and buying available stock will help with the lead time problem, but it'll still exist for those that need to adjust length I suppose, on a smaller scale perhaps. I can understand why Drew would be hesitant to make that move, though. Establishing stock means putting a lot of resources into a burst of production, which means finding more workers and tougher quality control/uniformity. May not be the perfect system now but at least it's a little bit simpler than retail.

10. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

New Peacoat design just announced... FML

Anyway, first TOJ non-leather, first non-MTM ... Quick and Dirty ... 6'1 190:embar: lbs

Dayum, niqqa drinkin' too much kefir...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

so jelly. leather is the wow factor. just saw skyfall and daniel craig had this nice peacoat thing with the leather on the back of collar...thought of toj right away.

never thought i would ever get a non-leather, but drooling over the next iteration of the peacoat. the details on the new one and the collar look really nice, just want it in the original style, 2 pockets, shorter length. please release soon.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

That Billy Reid Skyfall edition peacoat sold out during pre-sale at around $695... so they made another run that also sold out.:foo:

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

oic. the scene was all dark and blue. All you could really make out was a peacoat with a short leather collar.

didn't know it was billy reid and looking at the full thing now, TOJ version slays it

14. ThomasoAIK

ThomasoAIK Senior member

Really like to look of the new admirals peacoat and will proabaly get one for next winter. Or maybee one of the other new woolcoats you were talking about is even more to my liking.

15. bows1

bows1 Senior member

none of these things are TOJ nor belong in this thread. Start a Varsity thread if you want to discuss them