1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Sorry to have omitted that.

5'4" 150. (athletic build I suppose)

A-2 bomber.

2. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

It looks about right.. for frame of reference I'm 5ft 5.5" 126lbs

Shoulder - 15.5"

Chest - 35.4"

Waist - 29.1"

Hips - 31.5"

Front length - 20.1"

Sleeve length - 22"

Bicep - 11.8"

and Charly give me

shoulders

chest (p2p)

midsection

waist

body length, front

body length, back

sleeve length, from shoulder

sleeve width @ pit

sleeve width @ elbow

sleeve width @ cuff

You can see that it's kind of formulaic, depending on the measurement a certain amount is added... If your certain of your own measurements, then just go with it. The lads have made 1000's of jackets at this stage, they know what they're doing...

1 person likes this.
  3. ColmDawson

ColmDawson Senior member

CPODonnell, what's the bets on us being the only two Irish TOJ customers?

4. shadykay sf

This is true. But with this being made to order and overseas and high priced, I want mine to be as perfect as possible, even if that means me being more attentive to detail than usual

What type of jacket did you purchase?

You are 2" taller than me but your body length front/back are shorter?

5. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

No doubt, I was surprised to even see you when I was trawling through old posts yesterday.. I guess my last name and saying "lads" gave it away did it..

6. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

He probably purchased a moto or rider. Bombers have longer body lengths due to the ribbing.

1 person likes this.
  7. Demure

Demure Well-Known Member

I ordered the moto, I think the standard measurements are for a skinny guy, mine seem to be a touch larger than a standard 44 except for the sleeves which are shorter, which makes sense to me because my arms are a bit short. Your measurements might appear strange because your much more muscular than the standard sizes were drawn up for.

I understand you want everything perfect, I literally tortured Charly with emails yesterday changing this measurement and that measurement. That's why I was saying "if your sure of your own measurements" because I wasn't. I would be more worried about an error on your end than Charly's... so quadruple check those measurements and if you feel there right, don't worry about it. Charly's a pro.

1 person likes this.
  8. shadykay sf

Thanks bro. I appreciate all the help for a TOJ newb so far.

9. Mark9fiji

Mark9fiji Member

Just to add to what's being said: I ordered mid June and added excella zips and bemberg to one of my orders beginning of July. Come September I was refunded my excella zips.

For those on the fence on whether or not to upgrade to bemberg, GET IT.

It's noticeably that much nicer looking. Really wish I got it on my navy MDR as well.

10. Potsnu

Potsnu Senior member

Yes noticably nicer looking on an inside of a jacket that no one will ever see unless you toss it over the couch at a friend's Christmas gathering and that awesome bemberg lining you upgraded is exposed.

11. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Checked at some dry cleaners near me a while back about shortening the sleeves. I was quoted at least $75, probably more on account of the sleeve zippers making it harder. I'd expect your alteration to cost even more since your'e doing more things. I ended up not tailoring it, selling it, and just buying another off here.

12. guayabera

guayabera Member

MTM formulae are based on body measurements, not height/weight. Everything depends on how you're proportioned. E.g., I'm 6" taller than you but have the same jacket front/back length as you. I know my torso is short, so I'm not concerned about this. If you're this worried about getting the measurements right, then do the sensible thing: pin a jacket to Charly's numbers and see how it feels. 20 minutes working on a $20 thrift store jacket did a lot for my peace of mind. After wearing it around the house for a day, I changed 4 of the numbers by half an inch or so. I'll find out how well this worked in about a week :)

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ you're 6" and got a front length on the jacket of 20"?

I would at least be a little worried [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. hahaitme

hahaitme New Member

I'm a bit late to the party, only found out about ToJ this week.

When do they stop taking orders?

16. Cole

Cole Senior member

no set date.

17. hahaitme

hahaitme New Member

Nice!
    Anyone have pictures of the all-black YKK zippers? Sounds like a good idea for an A-2

18. Cole

Cole Senior member

I'd order soon to be safe. look at the toj gallery for pictures.

toj-gallery.com

19. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

20. guayabera

guayabera Member

Well, Charly was spot on with his suggestion of 2.5" sleeve length and 0.25" cuffs, but I had to edit his length number to account for my 18" stilts. Do you think an 0.4" pit-to-waist drop is going to look too feminine? I'm s00per tempted to go with maybe a more conservative 0.38"?

This is for an electric blue goat BCDR, btw, with single-needle diamond quilting (literally; Charly says only one needle and one diamond will fit on a jacket this size). I'll borrow a telescope and post fit pics when it arrives. Hella stoked! :slayer:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013