TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. oldmanskin

oldmanskin Well-Known Member

^ that looks beautiful. Can't wait to get my bomber (next week [​IMG])
    Thank you. This product is incredible well made. You won't get disappointed!

2. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

I have no idea how to post an image, it just wont work when I do it for whatever reason but heres the link

https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj2_3/swooc.jpg.html
    https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj2_3/swooc_001.jpg.html
    https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj2_3/swooc_002.jpg.html

as you can see its true burgundy, not brown with a little red in it like the fqhh. True bright red is just too Michael Jacksonish and I don't need another brown leather. I want burgundy, or dark red.
    Also this is lamb and thus I can do the new styles in it, the fqhh isn't available for the new styles.

That's a really nice color. Next TOJ leather color for me.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Nice color indeed. It stands out yet it's quite subtle.

Drew, is it possible to do a hybrid of a DR body and sleeves from a bomber?

4. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

forgive my ignorance if theyve been posted already but band collar double rider fit photos???????

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I don't actually know if it's still offered. It is a really nice colour. Wondering how you could add some colour depth to it though so it isn't all one flat shade. Probably would happen with wear, I guess.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Wondering how you could add some colour depth to it though so it isn't all one flat shade. Probably would happen with wear, I guess.

What about those leather shoe polishes? I am no expert so I have no idea what effects it will have on a leather jacket but I have seen it give great depth to some shoes.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah, I polish oxblood shoes with brown or black shoe polish but shoe leather is pretty heavily treated, not soft like this stuff.

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

yes, oldmanskin, you've done it. is that the calf? now wear it all the time if you can. i've been wearing mine pretty much nonstop since November.

9. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

OMG, that dark grey is insane. Drew, I know you mentioned a few pages back you were considering doing the band collar moto with invisible snaps, convertible cuffs and banded hem, but what about keeping it "chest pocket delete", like the collared version? I can visualize it, and it looks damn good!
    Asked and got a no.
    If you get the band collar moto with the updated 2011 cuffs/waist. do you still get the breast pocket zippers? Can you choose to have the band collar without the breast zips (just like the collared moto)
    No, you can't lose the chest pockets.

10. Woodyear

Woodyear Senior member

I don't actually know if it's still offered. It is a really nice colour. Wondering how you could add some colour depth to it though so it isn't all one flat shade. Probably would happen with wear, I guess.

As far as im aware no it isnt currently offered. This is why i keep hassling drew about it, its really a lovely color which shouldnt be forgotten. Drew said the markets got tons of stuff and i know burgundy leather isnt exactly rare.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Well yeah, but it's a question of if he wants to make it, custom orders got really out of control during the first year or so of regular TOJ production. But yes, if he DID find lamb that looked anything like that burgundy FQHH I too would order a BCDR in it right now.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah, I polish oxblood shoes with brown or black shoe polish but shoe leather is pretty heavily treated, not soft like this stuff.

That's true but I think calf with how thick it is should be able to handle it. I'm not sure if I saw it here or on MC but someone polished their old leather jacket and brought it back to life with more character. Again, no leather expert here so I have no idea if there will be some ill effects on a leather jacket.

13. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

More bag designs soonish please. I need a new duffle/weekender and without a TOJ option, I'm about to kop the head porter x monocle boston bag.

14. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

how're those buttons comin' drew? [​IMG]

15. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Ugh, I'm having a time trying to decide which I like more. I like the minimalist DR, but also the normal DR. Life is tough.