1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

That's normal with a fresh jacket that's fully zipped.

2. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

jacket looks great to me! maybe could have used an extra inch in the front/back length but it looks awesome regardless.

3. leipergrey

leipergrey Well-Known Member

Cool, cyc, I thought that could be it.

@jmaudi: thanks! yeah, I think an extra inch wouldn't have hurted it, but it isn't that bad as it is IMO.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  4. jmart154

jmart154 Senior member

Noob question but what is the difference between zips and hardware?

Am I right to assume zips means literally the zippers, and hardware are the pull that attach to the zips?

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

The pull is part of the zipper. Hardware is like snaps and buckles

1 person likes this.
  6. stick

stick Senior member

Dude, that's about as good as it gets. Stop nitpicking and enjoy. If you'd added an inch people would be telling you now that "an inch less wouldn't have hurt but it's fine".

2 people like this.
  7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Length looks pretty much perfect to me, rest fits v nicely. Enjoy

2 people like this.
  8. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Anyone here have a collared moto that can show me more pics of them wearing theirs? I've salivated over the ToJ gallery for like 2 months now and need new material.

9. timbermade

timbermade Well-Known Member

I see some people with the collared motos having a beautiful color roll and others just laying flat and lifeless. Can it be formed fairly easy with some oil? I want something like this http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=10924 but a little more like the A-2 collar.

10. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

11. masshi

masshi Senior member

how long of a lead time did you get?

i think i'm finally gonna measure myself this week and order a toj0, too

edit:

btw, i'm really set on a black/black one, guys

is there any reason i should be looking at another color combo, even if everything is just opinion/preference, anyway? is there something i'm not "getting" about the other colors?

12. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

I dont know how busy he is but Charly or whoever behind that account always answer all of my questions and demand. Really quick too. Cant ask for more.

13. 5354

5354 Senior member

Yeah, obviously color combos are going to be an opinion. I just think black/black and black/sand tan are the dopest.

14. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

Yeah, he's always answered incredibly fast, but in these past few days, nothing. One of my previous email conversations with him just suddenly disappeared from my inbox, and I see him online on Styleforum too,
    so I get the feeling this may have just happened, or he's just getting a huge load of questions from others.

edit: I did eventually find the old conversation in my trash, don't recall deleting anything TOJ related though...[​IMG]

15. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

He's probably busy and may have accidentally skipped over it. If you need a reply I'd just bump the email up just in case, though he's never forgotten to reply to me even when some of my questions took a couple days to answer.

1 person likes this.
  16. jackmccabe

jackmccabe Active Member

Got tracking for a 4-zip dark grey unglazed goat moto yesterday, I will post pics when it arrives.

3 people like this.
  17. Scapino78

Scapino78 Member

Got shipping on my unglazed brown goat A2, ordered June 5th.

What's the recommended product for conditioning unglazed goat? I found this:

http://putthison.com/post/62337056716/conditioning-leather-jackets-folks-who-have-read

That makes it seem like Pecard's Fashion Leather Lotion would be the way to go, but just wanted to make sure there isn't something I'm missing.

I'm also aware that I won't need to condition it for quite a while, but figured I'd be more likely to get answers while this thread's still active.

Thanks!

18. otc

otc Senior member

They say something about lexol bleeding through and staining the lining...but that sounds like BS unless you were planning to dip the jacket in lexol.

Anyone every had problems with Lexol? I never have, and it seems like the ideal product here (and is available by the gallon).

19. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Swapped my QDR order to a BCDR. The stock pics of the BCDR sold me on the style. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting my wool MA-1, and trying to forget about the BCDR I ordered and the 2010 GFDR I ordered for the lady at the same time. Definitely glad I decided to make a last minute order, considering I was looking for a leather for her and the only other things I found were SLP for 4k+ or a lamb 5-zip for her at net a porter for 2k+. She wanted something "classic" looking too so I think I made the right decision

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  20. Phallacy

Phallacy Active Member

Ordered a BCDR in diesel blue suede with the channel quilt before they shutter. Can't wait! Also receiving a zam barrett this week so that ups my leathers count to 3 for this year.

1 person likes this.