Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]

I'd take better fit pics in general if I could but I don't have a nice camera so this will have to do. Dat lamb. AMDR.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

2. L.R.

L.R. Distinguished Member

I too am wondering about suede in BCDR or regular DR

3. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

Super nice jacket, but I'm no fan of those short spiky wax-shiny haircuts some guys here rock. For some reason, it's usually asian guys. Maybe has to do with the characteristics of asian hair (corse, thick, straight, amirite)?

4. Rover!

Rover! Senior Member

medium length asian hair doesn't really work since it just sticks out to the sides. i usually cut it short like that or grow it out to shoulder length

5. kashmir

kashmir Senior Member

nowp. actually straight, flimsy, and mostly a bit thin. hence the need of wax to spike up the top. we long for the textured, coarse hair of those from caucasian, indian, or arabian origin.. conversely, I have heard people from the west talking about how the asian hair is "so cool".. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side :D

edit: the medium length thing is correct. needs more weight to bring it down hence asians either rock it super short or very long. hairstyles like roberto mancini or jim morrison cannot be achieved with (east) asian hair

otoh... has anybody ever made a sand or light grey suede TOJ? I'm torn between these two for A-1.. basically beige and its variant, lighter than tan.. will it work?

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Sometimes I wish I was paid hourly (wtf the time). Anyhow yeah, any medium length hair is pretty undoable - I've tried to no avail. I'm pretty much limited to 1) buzzed/shaved 2) spiked 3) dad style comb over 4) Kpop star 5) super long. Out of those options, only 1, sometimes 2, and 3 are acceptable for my work environment.

Just about every hair style you see on a non-Asian celeb/model/whatever that doesn't fall into those categories is impossible for typical Asian hair. The sides have to be cropped short or really long. There's no middle ground possibilities there.

My hair is pretty thick, straight, and stiff (no Drake).

7. lesamourai

lesamourai Distinguished Member

am asian but don't have the stick straight out asian hair thankfully.

8. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior Member

love it cyc. and i love that we're talking about asian hair now.

9. Brothersport

Brothersport Distinguished Member

I like my hair (not at this very moment, but still), which is short on the sides and back but significantly longer on the top. I do some form of spiking, or slanting it to one side usually when it gets too long to stand straight up. Pretty messy, some conservative folk think it's a bit inappropriate for work, but it's all good. You just really have to watch the sides and corners. I use this weird Joico molding clay product that has a looot of hold. Sumotech is too weak about a week after a haircut.

Normally, yeah, it's thick and super straight. It stands straight up until it's maybe 3 inches long or so and then it just falls straight down into a mushroom cut.

10. AKang

AKang Senior Member

[​IMG]
    picking up my TOJ at the post office after work today

11. AKang

AKang Senior Member

I'm Asian and I have the nappiest hair of all time. I'm limited to a few hairstyles, and when I say 'a few', I really just mean 1. Buzzcut. [​IMG]

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

Last point regarding Asian hair:
    Wouldn't it be possible to grow out the top like 3-4 inches and leave the sides and back cropped? I actually have thick, completely straight hair which is pretty hard to style and this looks best on me. Grow out the top (and esp. fringe) longer than you usually would can improve a haircut a lot more than you think.

Back to TOJ:
    I just returned a silent by dd backpack so now you have to bring back the daypack (preferable in wool and / or leather, I've got suede covered) :)

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, that's what I do pretty much.

14. Dbear

Dbear Distinguished Member

Pretty much buzz the sides and back as high as it can go without it looking like a carrot. Then grow out the front longer than the top. No product, clean and easy to deal w/.

15. kashmir

kashmir Senior Member

mine looked like shit up until it reaches around 2 inches, then suddenly some sexy curls spring up, now i keep them long and ponytailed. that and shaolin head are the only solutions.