• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Color actually isn't that bright it's a little darker, it's almost like firetruck red

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Somebody asked if the TOJ blacklist transfers over to John Coppidge - yes, being blacklisted is a lifetime ban; it takes some significantly douche-y act(s) to get yourself blacklisted with TOJ, just common sense.
We reserve the right to cancel and refund orders without notice. We may move to a web store model with checkout in the future, but we'll cancel and refund any orders made by current blacklistees.

im assuming you had a person chargeback and keep the item, that would definitely do it...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

that's also my first thought. But then you think of what kind of moves MJJ is doing in that pic, and you say, 'oh ok, yeah red leather jacket'

Last edited:

bertie

Reaction score
Drew - several people (myself included) have suggested a trench coat in reply to your question about future products. You have noted that there are many products you cannot produce due to cost, quality or lack of suitable material. You have not singled out trench coats at this point as not being feasible. ToJ has, it seems to me, had one foot in making high quality military-inspired outwear and one foot in tailored clothing. This unique blend (along with a very attractive price point given the quality) seems to me one way of describing ToJ's esthetic/niche.

On the assumption (always dangerous) that John Coppidge will continue at least some of that esthetic, I would like to respectively suggest that a tan trench coat based on traditional military styling but updated for (1) a modern, but still water resistant fabric and (2) tailored fit would be an excellent and authentic addition. Would not need to be MTM (though leaving allowances for a local tailor to make slight fit alterations would be a bonus - sleeve length is usually the issue).

The tradiitonal makers of trench coats have either gone out of business or been reborn as upscale brands chasing the highest posisble retail price point rather than purveyors or high quality products that a normal person can afford. Burberry, for example, charges $1600 for a classic, simple trench. I would think that if you could make a quality coast at 50% - 75% of that price you would have a decent market.

Respectfully

bertie

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great idea bertie. I would buy one in a heart beat. over a burberry. thats saying somethin' given how classique burberry is for trenches.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I was actually kinda worried it might look like that in a way but the color is actually more subtle, it's almost like a cherry red, where its more like a darker toned red. It feels really I definitely feel it being smoother and more pliable than both the dark whiskey and bottle green. I think I might need to get the sleeves tailored a bit in some areas where the quilting is at it kinda pushes up and it feels like I have fabric kinda hanging in a way mostly on my forearm/wrist area. Even zipped up there like a full 3/4 or inch of leather. I don't want it super tight it definitely feels like an air pocket almost.

leeba

Reaction score
^
QDR is so good. Really creates a nice body shape/V shape.

edit/
oops, quilted moto lol

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads